Been thanked: 0

Gear comparison 12m2

Postby aftersun » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Looking to buy my first kite and I'm currently looking at the following kites;
- Ozone Catalyst 12m2
- Cabrinha Switchblade 12m2
- Naish Park 12m2
- Blade Trigger 12m2

It's difficult to compare these different kites but when taking the course I was using the Naish Park kite. Which one would you prefer and why? The Blade kite is a lot lower in price compared to the others.

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions or tips.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Gear comparison 12m2

Postby tautologies » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:11 pm

aftersun wrote:Looking to buy my first kite and I'm currently looking at the following kites;
- Ozone Catalyst 12m2
- Naish Park 12m2
- Blade Trigger 12m2

It's difficult to compare these different kites but when taking the course I was using the Naish Park kite. Which one would you prefer and why? The Blade kite is a lot lower in price compared to the others.

So most people here will recommend the kite they ride. I've used the Parks for a long time and would definitely recommend that kite for pretty much any- and everything.

When that is said, perhaps go back and think about what you will use the kite for? How will you ride? Boards? :-)

aftersun
Rare Poster
Gear: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby aftersun » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:21 pm

tautologies wrote:
aftersun wrote:Looking to buy my first kite and I'm currently looking at the following kites;
- Ozone Catalyst 12m2
- Naish Park 12m2
- Blade Trigger 12m2

So most people here will recommend the kite they ride. I've used the Parks for a long time and would definitely recommend that kite for pretty much any- and everything.

When that is said, perhaps go back and think about what you will use the kite for? How will you ride? Boards? :-)
I'm just trying to learn this sport so it's very difficult choosing my first kite. Although I don't want a kite that's all beginner. Instead something that I can grow with. If there is anything that's overall "ok for everything" with good waterstart, stable and depower it would be fantastic!

Quality wise, are they in the same range?

BigZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Central California Coast
Favorite Beaches: Jalama Beach
Style: Surf
Gear: Wave kites,
Surfboards, surfboards, and more surfboards ...

Did I say surfboards ?

Postby BigZ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Get the one you can get the best deal on. Because you are just starting you will not appreciate any finer difference between these kites. They are all decent freeride kites.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:39 pm

BigZ wrote:Get the one you can get the best deal on. Because you are just starting you will not appreciate any finer difference between these kites. They are all decent freeride kites.
Exactly, good answer :thumb:

8) Peter

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:49 pm

BigZ wrote:Get the one you can get the best deal on. Because you are just starting you will not appreciate any finer difference between these kites. They are all decent freeride kites.
+1

aftersun
Rare Poster
Gear: None

Postby aftersun » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Fantastic!
The blade is A LOT cheaper than the others. It's about 40-50% cheaper than the Switchblade and Catalyst, and 20% cheaper than the Naish Park. Although the Trigger is completely new but 2012 edition compared to the others that's 2014 edition.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Hmmmm no Rebel/Neo? Expensive but offers performance advantages over the others In My Very HO.

On the low cost side I dunno about the Switch NItro 3?

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:19 am

i'd recommend not buying a 2014 kite unless you like paying 3x what they're worth. 2012, 2013 can still be really good as long as they're not beaten up (it's ok to buy used as long as they're in good condition). anything on that list should be fine

wardr77
Medium Poster
Local Beach: UK Camber , Whitstable. Southcoast in general
Style: Freeride
Gear: Nobile / Slingshot

Postby wardr77 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:43 am

If you can get the best deal on the the Trigger then go for that, I have the 2013 12m version and cannot fault it, it's a great kite to fly, excellent range and depower. The only thing I would say is they need a lot of psi due to three strut and a thin LE, I typically put between 9 and 10 psi in mine, that is for the 2013 though, not sure if he 2012 is different, but worth checking.

Return to “Kitesurfing”