Brand Affiliation: None.

Ocean Rodeo: Heat Drysuit

Postby Toby » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:18 pm

Ocean Rodeo News:

Heat Drysuit

1 OR.jpg
1 OR.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
High Performance, Efficient Design
The Heat features an efficient, clean design to deliver incredible performance and reliability now synonymous with Ocean Rodeo’s drysuits.

Built to offer you greater flexibility than any wetsuit and customizable levels of warmth the Heat features our revolutionary Captive Zip design, giving you the ability to choose fully “dry mode” or “standby mode”.

When worn in dry mode the Heat is 100% dry and breathable. Between sessions, on your way to the beach or after your time on the water you can then open the dry zip and doff the neck seal. With the outer jacket then zipped up the Soul offers a well ventilated jacket and pants to protect you from the wind and rain. Converting from standby mode to full dry mode can be easily accomplished all while wearing your PFD.

HEAT Drysuits begin shipping August 5th, worldwide!

http://www.oceanrodeo.com/products/heat
Attachments
2 OR.jpg
2 OR.jpg (94.37 KiB) Viewed 6577 times

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo: Heat Drysuit

Postby Starsky » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Really hope these guys come out with a 3.0 version of the surf dry. Anyone in the know?

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Ocean Rodeo gives their dealers a pretty good advance notice of products in the works, but they haven't mentioned a new version of the surf dry.

- Stafford

www.adventurekiteboarding.com

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:31 pm

There's a nice comparison chart here on the features of their 3 suits;
http://www.oceanrodeo.com/products/heat#prod_compare

So, sounds like they made a smart move and created a cost-reduced version of the Soul. That's good. Many folks just need to stay dry and don't need all the bells and whistles. The high cost of the Soul probably drove people to other manufacturers once the lower-end OR suits went away. Which is a shame as OR makes a really nice quality dry suit.

Pricing isn't shown on the HEAT, but online they show

IGNITE - $1049
SOUL - $849 ($899 w/ built in socks)
HEAT - ?

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:52 pm

The Heat will be $599 I think....

Thanks,
Stafford

www.adventurekiteboarding.com

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 pm

CaptainArgh wrote:OR makes a really nice quality dry suit.

Pricing isn't shown on the HEAT, but online they show

IGNITE - $1049
SOUL - $849 ($899 w/ built in socks)
HEAT - ?
Thanks Captain!

Our website should be updated today to reflect the new prices for the Heat. We will have the suits here and in our UK warehouses by August 5th with plenty of time ahead of the annual fall rush towards suit sales. Here's the summary, as of September the prices on the Ignite and Soul will go up slightly:

IGNITE - $1099
SOUL - $899 with or without soft socks
HEAT - $599

So! If you're considering a Soul or Ignite get in touch with your local dealer today to buy at the old prices, as of September the new pricing comes into effect.
Starsky wrote:Really hope these guys come out with a 3.0 version of the surf dry. Anyone in the know?
Starsky - love that you remember the Surf Dry! It was a rad suit. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that the Heat was going to be the new base layer for the Surf Dry, effectively meaning we'd hoped to make the Heat a cost effective suit with the option to accessorize to a Surf Dry skin but after many, many attempts at samples it was resulting in too many trade offs on the base level suit and we've elected to pass on the vision.

However, this does not mean that the Surf Dry is a dead concept! It simply means that we wanted to capitalize on the success of the Soul and Ignite and round out the line up before turning our eyes to the Surf Dry 3. No promises on time lines but it exists on the RnD list and it is not a back burner project...

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:15 pm

That would be a great price point for a quality drysuit. I still have a season or two left in my Pyro Pro , but I will be tempted to grab one .

I wish someone would invent seals that could be replaced without glues. Some sort of channel , zip lock thing. I think that would be a game changer that many buyers would appreciate.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:04 pm

You guys just let me know when you need a real world guinea pig for beta testing the next surf dry.

I love mine, and we have a small crew in them here that get all the good late fall stuff in comfort.

Investing in real cold water comfort was a game changer. Some of my best quality sessions are thanks to your suits. Hope you do the gloves and boots again someday too. Those were quality pieces.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:28 pm

the surf dry idea definitely got my interest.
Swimming ability is a must for me, a must for surfing and needed for safe kiting too I think.
Lots of folks ride in baggy suits, but I don't fancy becoming a human sea anchor in 40 F water if I fall on a fin or something rips.
So I have been trying to learn to love my 7/5mm wetsuit...
Hope the surf/kitesurf concept re-emerges some day, seems like both OR almost got it right in the past.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:28 pm

I got one of the last surf dry suits on clearance. Way warmer than the NPX and Hyperflex wetsuits ive had. Comfortable in 10-15 degree F lower water and air temps (my old limit was 45F and 45F, now more like 35-35). But is a pain to put on, so if its ovee 45F I wear the wetsuit.

Nicest part for me is not being cold when you are packing your stuff at the end of the session like you are in a drying out wetsuit.

Return to “Kitesurfing”