Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Wainman Hawaii RG3.0 - Taking off...

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Wainman Hawaii News:

Wainman Hawaii RG3.0 - Taking off...

G2.jpg
Wainman Hawaii is proud to introduce the 3rd generation of the iconic Rabbit Gang series kites (RG 3.0). At Wainman Hawaii we take pride in every detail and aspect of design to ensure the most comfortable, functional and quality products - the all new redesigned RG 3.0 kite, bar and bag is a testimony to our philosophy.

9m.jpg
RG 3.0 kite series – Specifications & Features

- 7 proven and versatile sizes that overlap perfectly to meet the needs for virtually every wind condition and rider: 5m, 6.25m, 7.5m, 9m, 10.5m, 12m and 14.5m
- All new graphical scheme: unique, exciting and a “head turner” as always. The “Rabbit” characters have been streamlined and “matured” from previous generations (1.0 and 2.0) to appeal to a wider audience and potential customer base.
- Re-designed profiles and improved construction and durability of the kites
- Improved flying characteristics providing enhanced hang-time, agility and aggressiveness while maintaining even better stability and power in the air
- Reduced weight of the kites providing streamlined aerodynamics resulting in improved low end capabilities
- Refined kite settings (“stock, upwind, downwind, single”) that covers the full spectrum of riding styles and provides the perfect blend of feel and performance for every riding style: from classic freeride to every day freestyle to incredible wave sessions!
- Single point inflation system called RAF (Rabbit Air Flow): allows for fast inflate / deflate of the kite. This is a result of specifically designed air flow channels, as well as a multiply pump system, which provides an even distribution of air pressure in both leading edge and struts. NOTE: multiple point inflation RG 3.0 kites (same system as in 1.0 and 2.0 kites) will be available in the next production.
75m.jpg
RG 3.0 Bar - Specifications & Features
Bar1.jpg
- All new components/molds: bar shaft, centerpiece, chicken loop, quick release, buffer, bar-ends
- Thinner bar shaft with new ergonomic comfortable grip provides supreme handling efficiency
- New precision engineered metal center piece for an even better fit of the buffer into the bar shaft
- New harness loop system as a result of it’s unique shape and construction providing abundant stiffness and ease of use when hooking in after riding unhooked
- New Quick Release (QR) with additional side crimping eliminates hand slipping and provides better grip
- Reduced size of QR and buffer has enabled a considerably shortened distance between harness loop end and bar shaft.This provides more comfortable steering, as well as easier reach of depower trim line
- Increased durability of the depower main line section by double slicing the line and tightening the PU tube
- Simple, though innovative, dingy guy that eliminates the risk of losing it, as well as allowing it to move it aside without taking it off – perfect for unhooked and hooked in riding
- New (reduced sized) shaped bar ends provides better steering quality while using the appropriate density and hardness of the plastic to provide excellent but durable bending performance
- New bar ends provide significant ease of use when winding up kite lines on the bar due to the deeper and additionally crimped bar-ends
12.jpg
For more information, please visit www.wainmanhawaii.com!

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Re: Wainman Hawaii RG3.0 - Taking off...

Postby NYKiter » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Nice looking bar!
:thumb:

intotheair
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ho'okipa
Style: Expressive!
Gear: Trusted!
Brand Affiliation: Custom Products Only!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby intotheair » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:47 am

The range looks really sick with new look :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: (although I miss big rabbit character all over the kite). My 2.0 Smoke is still in great condition but I can not wait to test the new one :!: :!: When will they be available in shops?, I heard from my local dealer that it should be within 2 weeks?

Good job WH!

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Always loved the graphics but this year not so much...I liked the swirling smoke and gangsta chains.
The rabbit this year doesnt look as badass anymore....the pilot thing is cool but this logo seems more like a cute little rabbit head...the marketing video initially plays on the 'top gun' theme and I expected to see a fighter jet, but got a little yellow helicopter instead....the helmet was in the copilot's seat but no rabbit was in it...

I helped out and put the rabbit in the chopper...

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:39 pm

I, for one, am happy that Wainman has decided to make the kites a one pump! Not that the multi inflation system is a bad thing but the one pump does speed up set up time. Nice kites, nice handling and well built! I have owned the original 2009 Rabbits and hated the first bar... the 2.0 bar is a huge step up and the new graphics look sharp! I do like the 2.0 graphics better as they definitely stood out more but it is still a pleasing design. Looking forward to reading what people think of the new kites and hopefully seeing some new boards in the next few months.

James

Gueroo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Playa del Carmen/Cancun- Cabarete- Puerto Rico
Style: All kinds!
Gear: WH - Tona - Cabrinha - Mystic - WMFG
Brand Affiliation: Tona Life

Postby Gueroo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:47 pm

WOW nice! Looks awesome, nice new bar! Can't wait to get my hands on one of those.
I love my 2.0 Rabbit kites, I didn't know they could improve the kites, they are already so much fun to fly and ride! I was a fan of the separate inflation myself, but looks like they will have both options?! The new graphics looks really cool and calm, did not expect that from WH, but I really really like it!
That is going to be one killer ride!! :thumb:
Awesome work Wainman Hawaii!

Powerzone7
Rare Poster
Local Beach: BDB QC.CA
Favorite Beaches: Shippagan, sandbanks, g-spot and local beach BDB .ca
Style: Race ,Race , Race !!!!!!!!!!
Gear: F-ONE Kites and boards only .... !!!
Brand Affiliation: Dakine .qc.ca

Postby Powerzone7 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Good news from Wainman Hawaii !!!!

New Bar , single inflate system and all new graphics !!

I already order the new Rabbits Gypsy 6.25 and Smoke 9 !!!

New vdo out soon from lake ontario Fall sessions !!!

If someone is around come to see me and give it a try !!!

Aloha Simon Gill
Attachments
image.jpg

intotheair
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ho'okipa
Style: Expressive!
Gear: Trusted!
Brand Affiliation: Custom Products Only!

Postby intotheair » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:39 am

Got info from WH, that the kites will be in stores starting from next week! :thumb:

Gueroo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Playa del Carmen/Cancun- Cabarete- Puerto Rico
Style: All kinds!
Gear: WH - Tona - Cabrinha - Mystic - WMFG
Brand Affiliation: Tona Life

Postby Gueroo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Did anyone get a demo in Germany? :naughty:

wedge
Frequent Poster

Postby wedge » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Love the new graphics! Finally looks like a Wainman kite for grown-ups.

Return to “Kitesurfing”