Favorite Beaches: Madaket harbor, south shore, jetties
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Core, xennon
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best TS 2013 with 5 line bar?

Postby MACTNKA » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:59 am

Hey guys, I recently bought a Best TS kite and actually, enjoy it a lot. The only problem I found(other than the sketchy relaunch), was that it just wouldn't flag out on a 4 line Core, Fone or Switch bar. Since the kite didn't come with one I was hoping to make it work with what I have and I am running out of options. Has anybody tried the TS on a North 5th Element, and if so, how and how good were the results? Thanks again for the input!

greatlakeaddiction
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Western Michigan shoreline, united states
Style: freeride
Gear: 2011 Cabrinha crossbow 13m
2011 Cabrinhs crosshow 10m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best TS 2013 with 5 line bar?

Postby greatlakeaddiction » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:01 am

MACTNKA wrote:Hey guys, I recently bought a Best TS kite and actually, enjoy it a lot. The only problem I found(other than the sketchy relaunch), was that it just wouldn't flag out on a 4 line Core, Fone or Switch bar. Since the kite didn't come with one I was hoping to make it work with what I have and I am running out of options. Has anybody tried the TS on a North 5th Element, and if so, how and how good were the results? Thanks again for the input!
I would make sure those bars are set up to flag on a single front line, the original best control bar flags this way, so it might be your problem. Just picked up 2013 ts 15m really enjoy it, but haven't had to flag it out yet.

super_padge
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Isla Holbox, Mexico
Favorite Beaches: Isla Holbox
Vella Island - Sri Lanka
Style: freeride
Gear: 7m Core Nexus
9m Core XR6

Axis freeride foil - 600 wing
Brand Affiliation: I tried a core kite and now can't go back....

Re: Best TS 2013 with 5 line bar?

Postby super_padge » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:21 am

the f-one bar is a double front line safety, so it won't work with the TS - this was designed for single line system and the BEST bar is a single front line system.

I'm not sure about the core/switch bars, or a 5th line one but hope you get chance to check!

Return to “Kitesurfing”