Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Greg of BRM in my hone spot!

forum for kitesurfers

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core Riot XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL
Brand Affiliation: None

Greg of BRM in my hone spot!

Postby pmaggie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:25 am

Last saturday (and yesterday) something quite incredible happened. I live in Italy near Como lake, my home spot is Gera Lario, a very very small town in northern Como lake (I think about 700 souls or less live there). The kite community is also small, but we are all friends and we really enjoy our days on the beach. Saturday morning I was on the beach with my family. I had a look at the kite area and I immediately noticed what undoubtedly seemed a BRM Cloud. The first thought I had was "someone went to Maui and came bought one". So I rushed to the kite area to see the Cloud with my own eyes and understand who was the owner. To my big surprise, the owner... was Greg himself!! He is traveling in Italy with his family and he had a stop in Gera, incredible!! We spoked a little, he offered us to try the Cloud and the Paipo. He is a really kind and professional guy, we really appreciated his presence and had lot of fun watching him playing with his stuff in a way we're not used to. He does not "ride" in the common sense of the word, he really plays and have fun. His stuff is also impressive: everyone was quite "shocked" from the bar (a real innovation) but also from the Cloud and the Paipo. Unfortunately the wind was very gusty on saturday and super light yesterday, a real pity. Anyway, we all want to thank Greg and hope he will be back here again in the future!

consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Greg of BRM in my hone spot!

Postby consumer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:42 pm

I've had the pleasure of meeting Greg, too. He has an incredible story about how he came to start BRM.

I wish I had a Cloud kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”