Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

1,400km solo downwinder in Western Australia, 80% complete.

Forum for kitesurfers
plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 1,400km solo downwinder in Western Australia, 80% comple

Postby plummet » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Westozzy wrote:Not sure if I'd call it fun. One day 183km another 223 in some sketchy wind at times (been some strange spring weather) with complete harness and kite separation at one point along some of the most isolated and dangerous coastline in the world. Not sure id use fun to describe it. Intense and only someone like Ian and being an x SAS soldier would even contemplate.
There's huge satisfaction and joy to be had doing something like this. I haven't done a mutli day distance thing yet. But I will do one day. Perhaps when my kids are older.

I did do a 24hr on the landboard a few years back. Held the world record for a couple of years. That's the madest kiting thing I've done.

https://vimeo.com/30221132

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: 1,400km solo downwinder in Western Australia, 80% comple

Postby Westozzy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:27 am

Agreed something I'd like to do as well, but I'm not sure I'd tackle some sections he did nor that far.

Maybe when our kids have grown up I might come and visit ya and do a downwind mission. :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”