Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best Kiteboarding products (resolved favorably)

forum for kitesurfers

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Naish Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Crandon - Key Biscayne, FL
Sherman Island - Antioch, CA
Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Anne's Beach - Islamorada, FL
Curry Hammocks - Marathon, FL
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Main Beach - Langebaan, South Africa
Mui Ne Bay - Ham Tien, Vietnam
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: _
2014 8m,10m Naish Torch
2014 11m SS RPM
2015 17m Blade Fat Lady v3
2014 Best Breeze 145, 2014 Naish Antic 142, 2017 Core Choice 2 142
Brand Affiliation: None

Best Kiteboarding products (resolved favorably)

Postby dracop » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:30 am

Update: Best contacted me and set me up with a new pair of straps and pads, so this issue was resolved favorably. I leave the original text for existing discussion members.
Attachments
Best Strap.JPG
Best Mercury Footsrap - plastic connector to pad
Last edited by dracop on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

donchin
Frequent Poster

Re: Best Kiteboarding bad products

Postby donchin » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:40 am

I agree. Never liked best in the first place. Especially did not like the way these guys arrogantly entered the kitesurfing industry.

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby eree » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:47 pm

thanks for posting this dracop. tensile strength of the molded plastic and straps? not a good idea.

that will exclude mercury straps from my potential new strap list for sure. i have to find new straps for my OR mako board since original straps are not what you would expect from board straps in the year 2014. it is really hard to find the good ones that has to be comfortable and fit biger foot size

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:19 pm

donchin wrote:I agree. Never liked best in the first place. Especially did not like the way these guys arrogantly entered the kitesurfing industry.
Not sure if arrogant is the right word. But it was special for sure.
And entertaining ;-)

How were claims like this handled in the past? I think they were always cool with warranties?
Don't remember.
Sq would know!

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Naish Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Crandon - Key Biscayne, FL
Sherman Island - Antioch, CA
Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Anne's Beach - Islamorada, FL
Curry Hammocks - Marathon, FL
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Main Beach - Langebaan, South Africa
Mui Ne Bay - Ham Tien, Vietnam
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: _
2014 8m,10m Naish Torch
2014 11m SS RPM
2015 17m Blade Fat Lady v3
2014 Best Breeze 145, 2014 Naish Antic 142, 2017 Core Choice 2 142

Postby dracop » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:22 pm

I dunno, but I have had problems with other manufacturers and everyone has stepped up to the plate. This was a clear cut design/manufacturing failure and they wont touch it. I would be terrified of buying something critical, like a bar or kite from them, that could leave you with serious damage if things went wrong.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Wow this post could have been stopped by just replacing a pair of last year's 2014 pads? just a no brainer?? I bet this post cost a lot more to them than pads and straps in the long run.

In the arrogant days as you say Best's customer service was unreal, even if your dog ate it was covered, but that was 6 or 7 years ago. Is this an isolated incident or happening a lot? I don't ride best just curious to peoples experiences lately.

vkngktr
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Favorite Beaches: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: AirRush, Amundson Customs

Postby vkngktr » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Jbrook wrote:Wow this post could have been stopped by just replacing a pair of last year's 2014 pads? just a no brainer?? I bet this post cost a lot more to them than pads and straps in the long run.

In the arrogant days as you say Best's customer service was unreal, even if your dog ate it was covered, but that was 6 or 7 years ago. Is this an isolated incident or happening a lot? I don't ride best just curious to peoples experiences lately.
I rode Best for years and never had an issue with returns. Their warranty policy was great. Seems like the quality of their kites did get better but the design of them sucked. They've always had issues with their bars. They seem pretty wedded to using plastic crap on bars and I see its carried over to other accessories such as foot straps. I agree that this should definitely be warrantied. Its no wonder you don't see much Best gear around anymore.

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Jbrook wrote:Wow this post could have been stopped by just replacing a pair of last year's 2014 pads? just a no brainer?? I bet this post cost a lot more to them than pads and straps in the long run.

Rode Best for years and I have to agree that warranty had always been good back then, Dont know how it is now because i have been riding other kites for the last 2 years.

the last incident was a chicken loop that broke in mid air. It left me hanging by the leash.... they sent me the part rush from china (180 $ Shipping) the next day but it left me a bit unsecure. It is your life after all. Sad because they had models which i really loved. The nemesis was one of my all time favorite kite.

Anyway Brian Scall back then was quite effective, really nice and efficient. Dont know if he still works for them ?

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:25 pm

They have replaced numerous things for me. I consider them the best in the industry for replacing stuff. Just 2 months ago the replaced my depower rope and chicken loop for free. They didnt have to it. It was just wearing thin from me using it excessivly. You should try again. Ive never heard of them turning down people. I dont use their kites anymore but I do use their bars.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:08 pm

clint2070 wrote:They have replaced numerous things for me....
Interesting. Their stuff obviously does not last long. Breaking numerous things is a bad sign in my book.

Return to “Kitesurfing”