Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kitesurfing in North Miami on Saturday?

forum for kitesurfers

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Re: kitesurfing in North Miami on Saturday?

Postby kitejumping » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Cool, thanks for the info everyone! I'll be down there the weekend of February 10th, only ever rode pompano down there, last time did 42 miles in 3 and a half hours on my 15m foil, was super fun. Would be cool to try some other beaches but don't have an iko card, would get one if the other spots are worth checking out. Staying near Pembroke pines.

Topaz
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Naish / Cabrinha / North
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Topaz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Go down to Miami and the keys for flat water, and go north to Jupiter for waves.
Drive west to Marco Island or Naples if the wind is west. It's about 2 hours drive.
NE 16TH St. at Pompano Beach is a nice spot, but usually crowded and hard to find parking.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dylan* » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:38 pm

kitejumping wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:33 pm
Cool, thanks for the info everyone! I'll be down there the weekend of February 10th, only ever rode pompano down there, last time did 42 miles in 3 and a half hours on my 15m foil, was super fun. Would be cool to try some other beaches but don't have an iko card, would get one if the other spots are worth checking out. Staying near Pembroke pines.
basically the farther north you go the less crowded it gets and parking becomes more accessible. pompano is ok but can be a giant clusterf*k on weekends if you don't get there early, and the locals can be pretty hostile if you aren't part of their "tribe"... had a hard time finding someone who would even look at me to land my kite once...

delray beach is great, usually enough parking and reasonable prices, big beach. farther north, jupiter has free parking and better waves than anywhere south of there.

not totally sure about the keys situation at the moment since the hurricanes wrecked islamorada, i dont know if it's worth going down there yet

Return to “Kitesurfing”