Medium Poster
Local Beach: OBX
Style: Freeride
Gear: various
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo: 10 & 12m Flite

Postby BrunoC » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:38 pm

8m flite is awesome, run it with long lines and you will know why it is called Flite.

BTW: I fly 8&12 Flites with a 10m Razor in the middle for a different experience...very happy so far.

randycasburn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lee Side, Ft. Walton Beach, FL
Destin Pass
Beasley Park
Big Sabine
Favorite Beaches: Lee Side Park, Ft. Walton Beach
Beasley Park, Ft. Walton Beach
OBX Sound side
Kailua, Oahu
Kahanamoku Beach Honolulu, Oahu
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17
Ocean Rodeo Crave 12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
Ocean Rodeo Mako 150

Ocean Rodeo Origin Light 159
Ocean Rodeo Duke
Been thanked: 0

Postby randycasburn » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 pm

BrunoC wrote:8m flite is awesome, run it with long lines and you will know why it is called Flite.

BTW: I fly 8&12 Flites with a 10m Razor in the middle for a different experience...very happy so far.
Looping the Razor the other day almost broke a rib. It flagged me out like a rag doll and freaked me out (so I didn’t finish the loop). Love the kite…but it spanks my butt a lot! :-) The FLite has less pull thorugh the loop and that’s fine with me!

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:54 pm

I bought one v4 10m some weeks ago ! mainly for hydrofoil application but also TT.
I just tested it today in irregular 12-25 knots on a small TT and 26m lines. I was sometine a bit overpowered with my 62kg, and sometimes hard to stay upwind, just to describe the ride conditions.
Kite is exactly what I like, fit perfectly to my needs , stable and confortable. Bar pressure is rather light which I like. well stable. Loop is powerful, not so tight as my champion Airush One on this exercise , but really sufficient and generate far more pull.during the loop than the One or the Rally.
The kite need some work when speed is very low, but then the kite accelerate really good. Hangtime is excellent . Absolutelly no stange behaviours, loved it, probably my prefered LEI today.
Now I need to test on hydrofoil in 7-14 knots to see how it behaves in lighter wind and the high speed of hydrofoil .

SparD
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Almanarre
Gear: Foil kites : Ozone R1V3
Tube kites : Ocean Rodeo Flite
Hydrofoil : Chubanga

Postby SparD » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 am

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:54 pm
I bought one v4 10m some weeks ago ! mainly for hydrofoil application but also TT.
I just tested it today in irregular 12-25 knots on a small TT and 26m lines. I was sometine a bit overpowered with my 62kg, and sometimes hard to stay upwind, just to describe the ride conditions.
Kite is exactly what I like, fit perfectly to my needs , stable and confortable. Bar pressure is rather light which I like. well stable. Loop is powerful, not so tight as my champion Airush One on this exercise , but really sufficient and generate far more pull.during the loop than the One or the Rally.
The kite need some work when speed is very low, but then the kite accelerate really good. Hangtime is excellent . Absolutelly no stange behaviours, loved it, probably my prefered LEI today.
Now I need to test on hydrofoil in 7-14 knots to see how it behaves in lighter wind and the high speed of hydrofoil .
Glad you like it Régis ;)

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 am

You can even say "love" ; and that is thanks to your reports SparD and your agreement to have put it on a scale and report the measured weight. Thanks for that.

kitesmite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Utrecht
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5 and 10 2015
Liquid Force Envy 8 2013
Cabrinha Ace 139 2015
Naish Drive 142 2017
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesmite » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:31 pm

All Flites are sold out in Europe, even second hand they are hard to get. Please expand your dealership in Europe OR.

Return to “Kitesurfing”