Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Good hotels in Cayo Guillermo

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Good hotels in Cayo Guillermo

Postby Laughingman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:46 am

keegster17 wrote:i just booked with canjet, i get 10kg for kite bag, i want to bring one board, two bars, lifejacket, two kites 14m and 10m my seat harness, pump. do you think i will go over 10kg? i think i might, i don't leave until next saturday. a little worried now. my bag does have wheels, my girlfriend is going as well, so hoping to pack some stuff in the suitcases?
Yep that will definitely be more then 10kg. Likely closer to 20
Get a scale. Weigh yourself. Then pick up the bag. Subtract the difference. Solution.

keegster17
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Weight: 175lbs
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Style: Free ride big air
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic 3, 13m, Flysurfer Soul 9m, Gin Spirit 12m, Flysurfer Radical board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby keegster17 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am

yeah eh. man i should have booked with cubana airlines. any suggestions? load my luggage bag?

also do you guys remove the foot pads off the board for travel?

kitejulie89
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitejulie89 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:01 pm

We visited the island last January 2017 and liked the hotel Tryp Cayo Coco near nice person. Everything we needed for a good company with different interests. The most part of us wanted to practice kite, so we addressed to the nearest kiteserfing school Cuba-Kite which is right on the beach. Very amicable and useful teaching of the beginners. The most experienced among just rented the equipment. The other part just took car to the nearest small cities for sightseeng. Plenty of bars and places to have a rest after kiting.
Attachments
IMG_4037.JPG

madmax7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards

Postby madmax7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:50 pm

From California I can only get flights to Havana,

Recommendations on how to get to Cayo Guillermo from Havana?

Flights appear to run $170 each way (ridiculous, and take 1.5 hours plus airport down time so about 2.5 hours to get there)
Car rentals? I am told that for last week in Dec and first week in Jan it can be impossible to find cars (plus cost)
Buses and trains it looks like 6 hours easy

So any thoughts in finding taxies or personal drivers? I guess the difficulty is that I would have to take my chances till I get there?

Any one have any ideas?

My understanding is Canadians get a direct flight to the airport in that area, I don;t know if its possible to fly to Canada and then take a flight from there ?
If you have info on that I would apprecciate.

Thanks in advance.

Wanted to go Last week in Dec and first in Jan. any info on wind stats appreciatted.

Max

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:14 pm

A few years ago I had a chat with a couple of Cubans from Miami outside of the airport which serves the island of Santa-Maria... Besides the fact that these guys didn't know a word of English (despite living in Miami) - I also gathered that there are direct flights from Miami - so you might want to check out this option as well. A bus takes about 2 hours to get from the airport to Santa-Maria, but you might just as well go to Guillermo which is about an hour further.

kitesurfcubatravel
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cayo Coco -Cayo Guillermo-Jardines del Rey-Santa Lucia ,Camaguey.
Favorite Beaches: Playa Pilar,Cayo Coco,Santa Maria del Mar.
Style: free
Gear: F-ONE -- CORE 7 m to 16 m
Brand Affiliation: sponsor by and ambassador of F-ONE and CORE

Postby kitesurfcubatravel » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Guys we can get the best deals for you,from any place we will look for the flights or ground transportation,we are a travel agency and also a kitesurf school in cayo coco and we have good contracts with the cuban government to get the best prices.

Call or email us and we will do the best for you.Also i will offer you to go to Cayo Coco instead Cayo Guillermo,the hotels are better and the spot is exactly the same quality.

identra1993
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Santa monica
Favorite Beaches: Santa monica
Style: Eventing
Gear: 5

Postby identra1993 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Perfect way to plan your travelling with our, you could look at this and can decide your coveted destination.
Plan the Lake Tahoe get away, Discover the hotels, resorts and point by point information around you.

Return to “Kitesurfing”