Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wanted: Wainman Hawaii "ManiaC" Team Riders

Forum for kitesurfers
Wainman Hawaii
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Maui Hawaii
Favorite Beaches: Maui Hawaii
Style: wakestyle
Gear: Wainman Hawaii Rabbits & Blunts & Surfs!
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wanted: Wainman Hawaii "ManiaC" Team Riders

Postby Wainman Hawaii » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Become a ManiaC!

Have you ever dreamed about becoming an official team rider for world-renowned kiteboarding company Wainman Hawaii?
Gear, team meetings, possible exposure in magazines, provide feedback to us, and many more benefits from the riders program?
Are you a good fit for the team?
Are you an avid kite surfer?
Are you spreading your passion for kiteboarding between friends and community?
Are you contributing to develop the sport of kiteboarding wherever you ride?
Are you a respected rider with good riding skills and well known in your community?

NOW you have the opportunity to join the Wainman Hawaii “ManiaC” team
& ride with pro riders Alvaro Onieva, Forest Bakker, Maxi Gomez and more!

What we expect from you?
To represent the brand at a professional level.
To help with local shops demo days.
To share and spread Wainman Hawaii stoke.

Join the ManiaC Team and represent now!
If you have a passion for the Wainman Hawaii brand and got what it takes to represent the brand and ride hard, do not hesitate!

WH ManiaC pro rider and wakestyle pioneer, Alvaro Onieva, will be handling the selection process of the ManiaC Team, so apply now!

After evaluation of your application, we will decide on what your "team rider special discount" on gear will be, which is dependent on skill and achievements to date.

APPLY NOW (via automatic e-mail from our website news or by e-mail to ManiaC@wainmanhawaii.com)

Submission deadline is 1st of May 2015 with only limited number of team rider positions available!

GOOD LUCK AND LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU AS PART OF THE TEAM!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: Wanted: Wainman Hawaii "ManiaC" Team Riders

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:41 am

Is Lou Wainman not a team rider?

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am

Nope, Lou was ousted from the company a few years ago. I think he's on Switch now.
I would personally never support a company who ousted THE guy who made the brand what it is. It would be interesting to hear what the WH folks have to say to change my opinion that they're all coat tail riding scumbags who think it's OK to continue using Lou's name to sell kites.
Zero integrity. :nono:
Kiting Happy,
-KTB :bye:

the_gmo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite-Beach, Cape Town, South Africa
Favorite Beaches: Kite-Beach, Cape Town
Style: Wakestyle, Wave
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Gypsy & Gambler
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii, Vanhunks
Been thanked: 0

Postby the_gmo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Same here.

I had the "pleasure" to meet Mike the main man (dictator) at WH, and show him and the WH-Crew around Cape Town a few years ago.

My next batch of kites will not be Rabbits anymore...
Last edited by the_gmo on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Wow...so his rant on FB was true.....

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:24 am

Ah, I have no idea what's actually "true", but something went down and Lou seems to be blocked from anything to do with the company.
Regardless of the circumstances, Lou's a legend in this sport, it's HIS name and notoriety that sells Wainman kites, and they're carrying on like nothing happened and (I believe) jamming him up legally. Did they ever post a press release stating the parting of the ways, and that they would (legally) continue using the Wainman name?

Once again, I am purely speculating and posting my opinion, but yes, Lou had some pretty revealing rants that make me think everyone still involved in WH is a scumbag.

Please feel free to come enlighten me WH. Until then, eat a bag of dicks!

I STAND WITH LOU. :thumb:

Kindly Regarded,
-KTB

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:38 am

I'm sure the entire story is pretty complicated, and I'm sure there were some serious mistakes that go all the way back to the formation of the company structure.
Everything I've ever heard or read about Mike Husky is that he is a total dickhead, ...at the same time I'm not sure that I would want to be partners with Lou Wainman in a company for profit.
I've currently got two 2012 Rabbits in my quiver, and I've always really liked their kites, going back to the first ones I flew with the Smoke V1 and Boss V1.
Did anybody expect them to change the company name after dumping Lou?...any more than Best did after they dumped Shannon?
I like their kites, and if they keep making great kites and improve on what they have, then the brand is still the brand, but I won't be giving them any of my money.
The guy here in the USA that I bought them from, let it go after the Lou incident.
Interesting that Bertrand and Tuva left, and Hanna.
Interesting that Niccolo and Franz stayed.
I notice that the website says nothing of twintips or surfboards now, just kites and a bar, so the line appears to have been cut down, and it's a shame because the Joke was great.
Interesting that they are looking for dealers and team riders.
It would be great to see Lou have some success in future endeavors.

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:49 am

I have just seen and experienced far too much ugliness in this sport over money, and this just seems to be another example. Names, Trademarks, and such is a big deal in business, and given the Wainman name is both legendary and distinct, it's worth a lot of money.

The Wainman Hawaii name AND words are registered to Marek Tylicki-
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield ... xrkz3y.2.1

I wish someone from WH would chime in with some official info, so we don't have to keep speculating. :naughty:

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:24 am

Just wow! lol

Clothing, namely, caps, bonnets, hats, shirts, T-shirts, sweatshirts, pants, shorts, jackets, coats and socks; swim cover-ups; swim wear, bathing trunks, bathing suits, bath robes, bath sandals, bath slippers, surf wear, ski wear and snowboard clothing, namely, caps, bonnets, hats, vests, shirts, T-shirts, sweatshirts, pants, shorts, jackets, coats and socks; wet suits for windsurfing, kiteboarding and surfing; sportswear, namely, caps, bonnets, hats, pants, vests, shirts, T-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, jackets, coats and socks; loungewear, wet suits.

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:08 am

That's just typical Trademark gibberish for the USA, nothing out of the ordinary on that part, but it's clear someone other than Lou owns the Wainman name/ logo in business.
I have a Trademark for Kiteboarding Tampa Bay, as do several of the "known" school operations around the USA. Myself and at least 4 other businesses had "name game issues" that cost real money (not including the Zero to Hero/ Water Time crap).
I think that will make an excellent discussion one day on some of the real shitbags that make up our sport. :D

-KTB

Return to “Kitesurfing”