I hate when I see someone doing this.

Forum for kitesurfers
Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I hate when I see someone doing this.

Postby Jbrook » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:19 pm

So I am taking off my kite off the beach today, and the guy that owns one of the school here takes three big puffs off his cigarette and chunks it on the beach so he can pick up the kite for his instructor and launch it. There were kids playing in sand near and just is so wrong imho.

I said nothing because the guy is ignorant and arrogant and does not listen to anyone anyway, he smokes about 2 packs a day at the beach. I hope he does not throw them all in the sand, he is not Brazilian not that it makes a difference but I think foreigners should even respect this place even more than locals. Littering at the beach is so wrong.

What would you do? :-?
Last edited by Jbrook on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: I hate when I see someone doing this.

Postby BWD » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:31 pm

I agree with your feeling about this. People should have some respect for their environment, especially the ones making money from it. Maybe you can find some local kids to offer to clean the beach for him, like 5 times a day, for just a few $ each time. Or maybe six times a day, :lol: so it would be less of a pain for him to keep it clean himself!

Or you could try telling him about all the people who are asking where they can stay for 2 weeks and take lessons, with a clean beach, somewhere they can spend a lot of money and feel good about their children not having to be on a dirty beach. All the tourists want a nice clean beach for their families and their clean new kites and piles of money to sit on, etc.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Feel comforted in the knowledge that this guy will die young and remove himself from the gene pool.

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Butts on the beach (no pun intended) really suck. I'm always surprised at how many people smoke around kites. Ripstop is totally flamable. I've had to ask smokers to move away from my kite (or at least downwind) to avoid pinhole burns, if not an outright bonfire. Go figure..... :angryfire:

t3rse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Folly
Gear: RRD Obsession/Core XR/Cab FX

Postby t3rse » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:18 pm

FLandOBX wrote:Butts on the beach (no pun intended) really suck. I'm always surprised at how many people smoke around kites. Ripstop is totally flamable. I've had to ask smokers to move away from my kite (or at least downwind) to avoid pinhole burns, if not an outright bonfire. Go figure..... :angryfire:

That pisses me off too....people smoking upwind of me.

As for the butts...I have plenty of them in my bag from just picking up after people. Chastising rarely accomplishes anything, but luckily most of the people like that I deal with are temporary. The locals have more respect than that.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:51 pm

Haha respect good one, but yes I agree with all you said. If you litter on the beach where you live you are clueless, its just too bad I am the only one who sees.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:36 pm

people who cant give two shits about their own lungs are less likely than others to give a shit about the natural environment.

Ever seen someone walking along, unwrap their newest pack of smokes and just drop the cellophane without so much as a second thought? Drives me nuts.

I wonder if Marlboroughman is a smoker ?

It's almost second nature now not to focus too closely on the sand at any of our beaches. Way way way too much waste mixed in.

STFU
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone c4's

Postby STFU » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:45 pm

I don't mind if it's a big fat spliff with some good shit in it. And the roach is biodegradable of course. And they pass that shit to me :dance3:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:54 pm

Oh yeah, dudes be dropin those all the time.

You must be lost, your looking for the "I love it when I see someone doing this" thread.

RedSky
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Local Beach: Camber
Gear: 8m Genetirx Hydra, 6m Slingshot RPX, 5m Switchblade

Postby RedSky » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:03 am

Way too many fags on the beach these days. :cool2:

Return to “Kitesurfing”