Haha, so Markus Schwendtner, the pole dance promoter, tries to piss with a dog which has a dick 1.000 times bigger than his own. I'm afraid he might drown in the attempt.
- Does Virgin need IKA? No. Everybody can make an event or a tour and call it "World Championship", that is completely free.
- Will the ISAF (International Sailing Federation) recognize Virgin events? Currently probably not, unless Virgin carve a deal themselves with the ISAF. IF Virgin is interested in that, which I doubt.
- Does Virgin need to have a tour recognized by ISAF? No. Look at the X-Games, and all of the Red Bull events. They showed the finger to the "Governing Bodies", put in serious money and made top notch media events. Because this is what they want: media. It's about marketing for their product.
- Can the ISAF exclude Virgin riders from their events? First they will have to bring up the money to organize events, and then they will try. But I take the racers will be the only ones who have a second thought about IKA - all this "official this and that sailing record" thingy, and maybe if IKA is able to push kite racing into Olympics.
- Will IKA be able to get kiting into the Olympics? I doubt it.
So. My conclusion is, Virgin will organize their kiting events freely in Red Bull manner. They have the money and the means to offer the riders a good event, serious prize money and professional media coverage.