Epic Infinity V4 & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Epic Infinity V4 & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Pump me up » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:52 pm

Despite the cute attention-seeking typo, “manchine,” the Epic V4 Infinity still has a number of significant problems.

THE EPIC INFINITY V4 IS ~16m2
Epic seems to think that not revealing the surface area is a cute marketing ploy. But it really only serves to annoy people.

A ~16m kite will NEVER have the low end of a larger kite. The Epic Infinity probably shouldn't even be called a "light wind kite"; 16m kites are more "light-medium" wind kites.

The INFERIORITY of the Epic Infinity V3 was demonstrated conclusively in a head-to-head comparison with the 19m Core. It failed THE major criterion of light wind kite performance: the ability to get the rider going early in LIGHT winds. The V4 may be slightly different, but it is still only ~16m2.

5 knot CLAIMS
Dimitri M wrote: And if you want to push the limits and go in 5 knots that is also possible but very hard and you will need an SUP board or a Foil board.
Pure bullshit! But at least it's an improvement on the "2-4 knots" CLAIMS viewtopic.php?t=2378382.

LIES AND PROPAGANDA
Dimitri M wrote:
I just wanted to know the size of the kite, not be insulted but the brand owner. I'm embarrassed i supported someone who treats potential customers like idiots.
If you really want to know the measurement of the kite then it has the power of an 19 meter but turns like a 13 meter kite.
Complete and utter BULLSHIT! It’s hard to know why Epic is the worst offender, by a long way, when it comes to ridiculous claims and hyperbole. Perhaps it’s partly cultural?

THE EPIC INFINITY V4 DEEP LUFF CURVE STILL CAUSES PROBLEMS
The problem with designing a ~16m kite (Infinity V4) for "light winds" is that the luff curve has to be very deep to "milk" as much low end as possible. This causes the kite to sit VERY deep in the window, leading to the problems in previous iterations, i.e. poor upwind ability, a tendency to yank the rider downwind, extremely poor top-end, and poor ability to absorb gusts.

Previous Epic Infinity Lies & Exaggerations

Ignore the lies. Ignore the propaganda.

Pumpy ……………………… :pump:
Last edited by Pump me up on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danydan
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity V4 & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Danydan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:56 am

IMO a 16M kite is a light wind kite, nowitstanding the fact that there are "lighter" wind kites on the market. I agree that revealing it's size is the least a company can do but at least now people, with minimal research, can know the size. The prudent approach would be to try it first and assess if it's suit your need or not. Just my 2 cents... P.S. I never tried an Epic kite... ...Yet ;-)

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:47 am

Does this thread prove that pump me up is in fact supaez?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:57 am

still whining about this? Let me guess you are an anti vaxxer, anti gmo and 9/11 truther too?

and still wrong about the size.

@plummet yeah one would think so. Atleast the same level of desperation, hate, unabillity to let go and not having a life it seems.

LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom

Postby LiquidXtasy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:52 am

It seems like a bad ass kite to me. But I guess I better take your word for it since you know how it flys without even trying it

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:21 am

Who cares, the video is clipped right before it shows Damian struggling to get back to the beach at 1:10. Dimitri is further out on a SUP and the wind shut off for ????? and the kite fell out of the sky.
Then, at 1:13, the "unedited, untouched video" is magically clipped to show Damo riding out powered and not working the kite- An obvious sign it got quite a bit windier after an untold amount of time. The boat passing in the background is also a no brainer.

Nice edit Enrique Gianello from Windstalkers, who strangely enough happens to be a Cabrinha dealer, has a Cab sponsored son, etc. and probably invited Dimitri to the demo. :rollgrin:
Not very professional dude.

Ignore the Lies...
Ignore the Salesmen...
Ignore the Wind Meters.....

Shut Up And Kite!

vannibombonato
Frequent Poster

Postby vannibombonato » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:29 am

@pumpmeup You have some serious problems.

Open a thread to insult someone about a kite you have not even tried? Very, very, very stupid. You do remember those idiots posting videos about how the twin towers were self demolished.

Get a life.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 am

Why the problem on non sized kite models? Naish did it on their Fly and people didn't complain.

Seems like a reasonable marketing strategy as it allows a company to adjust the kite size between years to make it fly more in keeping with the design brief. E.g. the original Naish Fly was something close to a 15.5 m and the latest one was confirmed by Robbie to be a 17m now.

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Who chose that gay music playing in the background?

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Pump me up wrote: LIES AND PROPAGANDA
It’s hard to know why Epic is the worst offender, by a long way, when it comes to ridiculous claims and hyperbole. Perhaps it’s partly cultural?

Ignore the lies. Ignore the propaganda.

Pumpy ……………………… :pump:
Are you implying that greeks are more prone to lying ?

Return to “Kitesurfing”