Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Switch Nitro 4 : How to fix the long bridle issue ?

Forum for kitesurfers
jwoodunlv
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Nitro 4 : How to fix the long bridle issue ?

Postby jwoodunlv » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:57 pm

I have the nitro 4 10m and have had the bridle wrap a couple of times. I would love to have a shorter bridle but I read on the switch forums that they had to lengthen it to eliminate pulleys. I love the crisp feel that no pulleys provides so I'm willing to deal with it. The bridle only wrapped when the kite seriously luffed and fell out of the sky. If it was a minor luff/ fall out of the sky episode it doesn't wrap so the kite basically has to fall on your head for this to happen. All I had to do to fix it was jiggle the rear line a bunch and it let go. If this happened in surf I would probably be in a lot more trouble however.

laz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby laz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:18 am

I have never had that happen but could see how that could easily happen if you are unhooking or crashing the kite with slack in lines. Like was said above, I would rather have the longer bridle and crisp feeling then pulleys or lack of depower from no bridle.

As awesome as the Nitro is if your priority is unhooking and not wanting to worry about a bridle I suggest you try out the Slingshot fuel. The fuel is a very strong no bullshit/tangling or slacking out of sky kite.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:23 am

I don't see a long bridle as a good trade off for one pulley on the front bridle left and right.
I'll take short bridle with pulleys or no bridle.
Isn't the Ozone no pulley bridle nice and short?

flybykite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Nitinat Lake, BC, Canada
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: Old School
Gear: Shinn Monk
V8K Ozone Edges 7&9

Postby flybykite » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:50 pm

laz wrote:I have never had that happen but could see how that could easily happen if you are unhooking or crashing the kite with slack in lines. Like was said above, I would rather have the longer bridle and crisp feeling then pulleys or lack of depower from no bridle.

As awesome as the Nitro is if your priority is unhooking and not wanting to worry about a bridle I suggest you try out the Slingshot fuel. The fuel is a very strong no bullshit/tangling or slacking out of sky kite.
Yes, short and very well executed especially on the edge.
Just lurking, used to fly switch nitro v1 and 2. Very curious if they ever worked out their design. I always hoped the nitro would finally start mimicking the edge.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 pm

flysurfing wrote:...Has anyone found a solution with the Nitro 4 bridle being too long ?
...Once every unhooked trick that involve the kite to stale a bit on the side of the wind window my kite ends up being wrapped up around the bridle. I ended up in some pretty tricky situation few times that could have been dangerous and or damage the kite...
...Has anyone found a solution to fix this ?...
here is quote from their web site:
More Line Slack – The new bridle design gives the kite more freedom. It now allows the kite to tip freely and this creates the line slack you look for after your pop.
The Nitro4 is now very well suited for unhooked riding and freestyle
so not only for freeride, once again promises not covered...

solution is not to buy nitro4 or modify the bridles yourself.
modify them yourself only if you know what are you doing, otherwise buy a brand with shorter bridles.
off the top of my head: ozone, caution, gaastra

Return to “Kitesurfing”