forum for kitesurfers

Kitemanmuc
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone, Moses, SU2, RideEngine

Core GTS3 vs Airush Union

Postby Kitemanmuc » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Hey all, in my quest to find a faster looping, more aggressive kite than my XR4 as i am progressing, I have narrowed it down to two kites. The GTS3 which will let me keep my bar and stick with the same brand of kites that i already have....oooor go with the Airush Union. Everyone seems to say it is a wonder kite, boosts big, loops fast, drifts, etc. Can anyone compare the two directly for me?

I would really appreciate it.

Mad_dan
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Bigair and airstyle
Gear: Core XR4 13.5
Core GTS3 11m
Core GTS4 9m
Core XR 6m
Tronic.
Naish mega
Airrush slayer
Airsusv sector
Crazyfly cruizer
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core GTS3 vs Airush Union

Postby Mad_dan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:51 am

Hello Wunderlich

I haven't tried either of the kites but I own a GTS 2 12m and I realy loves it :-). I thinking of changing my switchblade 9M to a GTS3. I need a Kite with low bar pressure, therefor the Core kites are perfect for me. But I do like the other quality's of my gts kite.

This is some email correspondence:
"the GTS3 has definitely the lowest bar pressure and steering forces- I would say 4 on your scale- using the CIT - please see attached- you can bring them down to "2". (1-10)

" ..we moved to a 3-strut with the GTS3. It´s more playful and much lighter"

Please let me know what you think of the kite if you ever try/buy it.

Good luck!

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Postby IanNJ » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the 5 line and that's what the Airush looks to be. I actually flew air rush a few years back, liked the kites but the bar was atrocious. I currently fly Core, had a quiver of the GTS3 (12/10/8). What you will find is that these loop super fast compared to the XRs and don't jump as high. But for freestyle they are much better. Relaunch is good and they obviously have the core design and durability. I would assume the Airush kite will have similar flying characteristics as they are both C hybrid kites.

Coloradokiter
Medium Poster

Postby Coloradokiter » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:37 pm

The Union is NOT a 5 line kite. Airush kites today have fairly light bar pressure. Check out http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kite ... -Union-9m/ for a good review.

Return to “Kitesurfing”