Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Leucate - France
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force - North
Brand Affiliation: Owner of KSV little brand

Re: New kitesurf pocket accessory: kite cleat

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:43 pm

:P Edt, please tell us where do you see any close compartments for lines on those stuff ?
I think also that the spring is far to be corrosion proof...
Anyway, I agree that for line order management, you can find other solutions but using only one hand and so less than 5 seconds, please show me...
And I also don't see any blade...
The Russian, thanks for your feedback, I'll tell you if I could make a larger one, who knows, maybe one day...

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Gear: BWS / Ocean Rodeo / Stringy Foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby juandesooka » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:19 pm

I am intrigued by this idea of line management ... never tried it, but not having to walk lines could be an advantage in some hairy situations. As an experiment I am trying it out with a folding comb, as this will separate the lines and lock them. If it works well, and I want something more permanent, maybe I'll give your tool a shot. Another knife is good too.

kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:32 am

Hi Juandesooka,
Yes, with that one, you could manage your lines like me. I would advice you to choose a model that get your lines almost blocked but still possible to slip trough it. That will be easier and quicker to manage the ends of the lines.
In fact it's 100% reliable if you don't pass lines on the chicken loop side when unroll / roll your lines. That's why for a beginner, I advise to hook the chicken loop to the harness before unrolling the lines and also keep hooked when rolling the lines at the end of the session.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kp, MBay, Rond
Favorite Beaches: Kp, MBay, Rond, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen4 Flites 10m, 12m and 14.5m, 2016 Prodigy 5m and 7m
Xeon Laluz, 2010 OR Mako Wide 150, Mako Classic 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6'
Engine Custom Harness and sliding hook setup

Postby Laughingman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:37 pm

juandesooka wrote:I am intrigued by this idea of line management ... never tried it, but not having to walk lines could be an advantage in some hairy situations. As an experiment I am trying it out with a folding comb, as this will separate the lines and lock them. If it works well, and I want something more permanent, maybe I'll give your tool a shot. Another knife is good too.

I've been using some sort of line management for the last three years. It works great provided you can establish a routine and follow it the same each time. I have shown many people how it works but some of them no matter what they do are not capable of having faith in their own actions and or cannot follow a routine.
For me it saves a ton of time, I am never frustrated on the beach with any lack of space or other riders bad etiquette as it no longer inconveniences me. All I need is enough space to pump my kite and I can rig.
Also living in Canada we often kite in cold weather, the less time you spend messing around the better chance you have of staying warm.
Give it a go, but give some thought of establishing a routine and you will likely succeed

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Gear: BWS / Ocean Rodeo / Stringy Foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby juandesooka » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:44 pm

ha, maybe I am one of those guys L-man. I tried the routine of leaving lines connected to kite, with bar/lines for each kite, but it never worked....always ended up with some goofy mess up that made it more time than just walking the lines.

This year we've had some ugly launch situations where someone had to hold kite on land and you have to walk in water and unwrap the lines....KSV: the suggestion to clip in first is a good one, as it avoids inverting the lines.

But all would be solved by just going to perfect wide sandy beaches with surf, warm water, and solid 8m wind. Then I'd quite happily walk my lines. Heck, I'd even settle for any 2 of these 3. :lol:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kp, MBay, Rond
Favorite Beaches: Kp, MBay, Rond, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen4 Flites 10m, 12m and 14.5m, 2016 Prodigy 5m and 7m
Xeon Laluz, 2010 OR Mako Wide 150, Mako Classic 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6'
Engine Custom Harness and sliding hook setup

Postby Laughingman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:26 pm

yah it is not for everyone... I would encourage you to challenge your comfort zone though, those tight launches are a perfect reason to.

kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi, yes you are all right guys, just would like to add that it's a lot more reliable than keep connected the wing as you don't stock the bar inside and roll it. The only way it could come wrong is if you drop your bar when unrolling lines, unlucky and only if you are not already hoocked...
For my own use, I find lines positions holding function most useful for following situation:
Snowkite: Freezing my fingers untwisting.
Kitesurf: Crowded spot or boat.
I have to confess: I use 2 bars of different length with 3 kites and sometimes, I have only the little kids rest afternoon time to enjoy so I probably double appreciate the time saving ! ;)

kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi, little warning coming from a user: Careful when attaching it to the harness, elastic has to pull it inside its place and not outside because in that case, it could come out and as it's really light (around 20g) you could easily not notice that it's pending and loose it in a crash... Will take this in account for incoming better presentation.
Waiting for that, lot of thanks to all first users, feedback seems to be good : http://feedback.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... llFeedback :D
And of course I wish the best winds for 2016 to all readers of my post !

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Postby plummet » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:41 pm

Is this solving a problem that doesn't exist? Whats wrong walking the lines through your fingures?

Return to “Kitesurfing”