forum for kitesurfers

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Style: Wave
Gear: .

BWS Aeneema

Postby NYKiter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Not to be confused with anemia...looks like its being marketed as having less grunt so as not to pull a rider off the wave....I always thought the LE was too fat....

phpBB [video]

tr3v
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: BWS, CSA Surfboards, Sirocco
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: BWS Aeneema

Postby tr3v » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:50 am

I have the 13m and 5.5m. The 13m is a great all round kite, with a huge wind range. The bar pressure feels soft to me, but the best feature is the stability in the waves. I had a session in light winds cross on and good sized waves (always a recipe for disaster) recently. it was a challenge to get any line tension because the waves were faster than the wind but I came out unscathed, the kite just sat there waiting for me to get some line tension. I am not usually a fan of big kites, but these days I am enjoying the light wind days. Love this kite.

I have not used the 5.5 much but it is great in the surf too, and relaunches super quick which is important in big surf. Drift doesn't seem to matter when the wind is howling.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Im not sure the waves are ever faster than the wind.
But I think you nailed it....its an all arounder.

I think BWS found the dilemma with wave kites.

Make the LE too fat to allow for drift and its got too much grunt, flys back in the window and pulls the rider off a wave (especially an onshore wind wave).
Make the LE too thin and it doesnt drift as well, flies forward in the window, but doesnt pull the rider off the wave. Since most riders ride onshore wind waves this would be the bigger market share.

This major shift in BWS design confirms what I have suspected all along....in onshore wave riding the answer is learning how to position the kite in the sky in different situations on the wave to not allow it to pull you off...the answer isnt necessarily in the design of the kite. Moral of the story in my mind - an all arounder makes a fine onshore wave kite.

berdy02
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2
Local Beach: Wissant, FR
Oostduinkerke, BE
Favorite Beaches: Wissant, FR
Kitebeach, Sal
El Cotillo, Fuerteventura
Le Morne, Mauritius
Style: Waveriding Strapless
Gear: SS Wave SST
BWS Aeneema
HB lafayette 5.10
Firewire Vader 5.3
Kazuma Milkman Pro 5.9

Postby berdy02 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:31 pm

I navigate myself with the quiver 9-7-5.5 aeneema and a firewire vader 5.3. I weight 88kg.
With the 9, I begin to 15-16knts until 25 with good waves and without depower. 7 about 22 until 30knts and I don't have opportunity to ride with the 5.5.

The kite is very stable. There is a moderate bar pressure and you can always locate the kite in the window when you surf. The drift is amazing.
The bar is not the most efficient in the market but it is effective and super strong. The kite seems great quality and have exclusive design.
Good lift in freestyle with good hang time. About reactivity, it's just well balanced for the wave, it s fast only when asked and it not move when you don t want it to move. it is undoubtedly the elite kite wave

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Scheveningen, Domburg, Rilland, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Binnenschelde, Vrouwenpolder, Oostvoorne, Rockanje, Grevelingen, Borssele.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Switch Helium V1 18m Element V3 13m-7m V4 9m-5m Legacy V1 10m-14m Slingshot Fuel 2005
Switch MJComp V2 136x41.5 Firewire Hellrazor 6.1 timbertek Shinn Shinnster Nobile 555 125x38

Postby Faxie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:05 pm

I found it more of a drifter than a kite to be flown actively. Response lags a bit, and not too fast/pivotal in the turns. Relaunches very, very good, to the point it's almost impossible to keep it on the water. Power delivery is smooth, bar pressure medium to light.

Hated the bar though... the bar tends to stick to the tubing, making one handed turns a bitch. And hated the safety mechanism. But looks very clean and simple.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:24 am

I looks very... Yellow :lol: , what a name! though :lol:

Reviewer needs to try some different kites, surfing on big foils kites is heaps of fun. I love my A15, but the big speed3/4 were great too. I find kites with thinner LE drift better, it's all about weight and balance. You don't see many guys slack lining their kites even today. When you can ride over your lines and then hop back through them while the kite is still flying come back and tell me about drift :-).

Omg I apologize in advance but I just can't resist. The 2018 model in part Yellow.

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:42 pm

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Have only kited in California and Baja. Too many to name.
Style: surf
Gear: North, Liquid Force
Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:17 pm

foilholio wrote:I looks very... Yellow :lol: , what a name! though :lol:

Reviewer needs to try some different kites, surfing on big foils kites is heaps of fun. I love my A15, but the big speed3/4 were great too. I find kites with thinner LE drift better, it's all about weight and balance. You don't see many guys slack lining their kites even today. When you can ride over your lines and then hop back through them while the kite is still flying come back and tell me about drift :-).

Omg I apologize in advance but I just can't resist. The 2018 model in part Yellow.

Aeneema and Enema
Just like your name.....Foilholio and Cornholio.
I think this kite for you.......

Sorry, I too couldn't resist. :wink:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =cornholio
Last edited by TommyDuotone on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Ahahaha I remember watching that.

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone hyperlink 12m. Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. 5,5m and 8m BWS Aeneema. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Postby WH Lithuania » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:21 pm

Did anyone tried other waves kites and can compare Aeneema to other wave kites like Ozone Reo, RRD Religion, Wainman Rabbit etc?

Return to “Kitesurfing”