mattenzuchtig
Medium Poster
Style: freeride/wave
Gear: all that is good quality and affordable
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ozone edge V8 stitching on leading edge

Postby mattenzuchtig » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:10 am

we have been waiting such a long time to get the Ozone's answer on their testing...well Guy's any news here, you wanna share with us?
it seems quiet on both fronts, as well as from the "claimers" as from Ozone....are there any secret deals made?

Thx
Matti

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Yes. The distributor said that they had replaced the kites. That's the last I've heard...

mattenzuchtig
Medium Poster

Postby mattenzuchtig » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:38 pm

Thx Kami...
so that still leaves the test results.... :roll:
cheers Matti

Alysum
Frequent Poster
Gear: a kite

Postby Alysum » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Kamikuza wrote:Yes. The distributor said that they had replaced the kites. That's the last I've heard...
Seriously? They gave a brand new Edge v8 as a replacement ? Probably because of how many pages this thread reached :rollgrin: They still need to improve on the durability across all models, especially the REOs.

mattenzuchtig
Medium Poster

Postby mattenzuchtig » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:59 pm

can you detail ur problems with the Reo's? V2 V3?
as I am/was planning to buy a set 12 9 7 5
thx
Matti

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:03 am

Alysum wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:Yes. The distributor said that they had replaced the kites. That's the last I've heard...
Seriously? They gave a brand new Edge v8 as a replacement ? Probably because of how many pages this thread reached :rollgrin: They still need to improve on the durability across all models, especially the REOs.
This is from the (I assume) distributor:
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kite ... cs/?page=2

"Ozone has screwed up, but when they did they owned up proactively and let everyone know, like when they had the bladder issue. I keep stocks of bladders here and we will honour a bladder valve claim by express post everytime, no ifs or buts.

The 2 Edges that had cosmetic issues (they did not fail and are still in use) are being replaced, we do not have records of any others. We handled that claim poorly in retrospect, but if you looked into the facts, which you clearly are not interested in, you would most likely have made the same decisions we did. The 2 customers in question are getting brand new Edge V8 kites in exchange for their current kites within days, I'm pretty sure they are happy with the outcome."

If the owners had just shut up and accepted the original response ("you overinflated it, f*** off") I doubt they'd be so happy. I wouldn't be happy if I had to fight to get a faulty product replaced! I wonder if the new kites came with a gag order...?

teabaggin
Rare Poster
Gear: cardboard freeride , ocean rodeo mako , ozone edge , epic screamer
Been thanked: 0

Postby teabaggin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Firstly this post is in no way aimed at bagging Ozone. I finally have the replacement kite. It was replaced because the kites have consecutive serial numbers and overinflation at the factory could not be ruled out. Kami ,there has not been a gag order put on me.
1st reason for post
I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread because I believe that all this input is the reason why Ozone has made this decision. I was told of this decision on 23 July, im sorry ive kept silent for so long but I think you guys can understand why.
2nd reason for post
There have been a couple of changes made to the V8 Edge
Most importantly LE closure seam has reinforcing from closest strut to wingtip all the way across the kite to closest strut on opposite side. This reinforcing is jigjag stitched both sides 10 mm away from seam
IMG_5310.JPG
IMG_5311.JPG
The zipper on LE also has been covered over better to prevent it rubbing on canopy when folded up
IMG_5304.JPG
3rd reason for post
Ozone feels that I am happy with this outcome , if this happened 2 months after putting claim in without forums YES I would be happy . My feeling right now is relief that this is over.

Thanx again guys for your contributions to this thread
Cheers Gerry

Teabageppo
Frequent Poster
Style: Air style - Freeride
Gear: Rebel 10m 2017, nobile carbon NHP 2017, north nugget 2015.

Postby Teabageppo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:11 am

Well I happen to ride the V8 edge 9m in really gusty frontal shit yesterday (thought I'd take an edge for a blast, haven't been on one since I owned them in 2013). 20-27 ish...mainly in the top end of that range. Big surf, flat ramps leading up to the double head high waves etc...

Much more stable than my old ones, handled the gusts well, was real quick for the necessary downloops...which needed two a couple of times because...

If your thing is purely going big, then I still don't think there is a kite to match it...unless you want to megaloop of course like in king of the air.

For pure out and out mind bending height, hang old school jumping ...it still leaves other kites in its wake.

Left a smile on our dials (three of us had the enduro and a dice up at the same time, swapped every 20 minutes or so).

But it's still a one trick pony. You still need to really concentrate on the bars throw and kite position in flight. And we didn't feel comfortable getting too deep riding the waves back in. We were glad to get back on our evo, dice and my rebel afterwards.

But damn this edge fucking flies...and vertical to!!! Downright terrifying at times...it is what it is. Sick kite.

igoryak
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby igoryak » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:13 am

Teabageppo wrote: Left a smile on our dials (three of us had the enduro and a dice up at the same time, swapped every 20 minutes or so).
Thoughts on the endure compared to the dice?

Return to “Kitesurfing”