Forum for kitesurfers
PanTau
Medium Poster
Gear: DIY kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: wingworks.de

Re: Free kite plans on GitHub

Postby PanTau » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi Steve,
I added the PDF to the Agilus 10 release.
Looks like you are getting prepared for a long dark winter :D :D
I haven't build a singleskin kite or paraglider but would really like to. Also take a look at http://www.laboratoridenvol.com/.

Karsten

stevet25
Rare Poster
Local Beach: West Cornwall
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby stevet25 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 pm

hey hey hey - brilliant karsten thanks. I think I am just getting soft in my dotage= less than 8 degrees with a northerly windchill and generally I`m finding I`m having more fun with a sewing machine than on the water! What have I become?! :-?

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:37 am

Face it, it's a feminine, better (?), part of you :)

Papiloko
Rare Poster
Gear: Core,Naish

Postby Papiloko » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:12 am

Hi Pantau,

Quick question, regarding the pdf plans on all of them you have a red outline and black when cutting should we use the black? what is the purpose for the red?

Cheers

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Outer line is cuting, inner is sewing if not mistaking.

stevet25
Rare Poster

Postby stevet25 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Well this thread has been a bit quiet - maybe we can revive it with sharing the maiden flight of my Cornwall built Agilus strutless 10m. Congratulations Karsten - he flew beautifully straight off the sewing bench - solid canopy, rigid structure, good depower, tight turning. Foiling on a big board with a wind reading of 4/5 knots on the beach - obviously I am so delighted. The speed and quality of the construction has risen exponetially compared with the 7 I built previously, which is still my kite of choice in 8-13 knots. Its not unreasonable to say that these builds are easily comparable in performance compared to proprietary strutless kites i fly - then again i am biased!!

Be good to hear how you are getting on with the Wingworks project Karsten - many thanks for all your help

Here are a few pics and a less than thrilling vid - but it gives an idea

https://youtu.be/X6_T--637Ok
Attachments
IMG_5182.JPG
IMG_5180.JPG
IMG_5179.JPG
IMG_5178.JPG
IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5165.JPG

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:26 pm

stevet25 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 pm
Well this thread has been a bit quiet - maybe we can revive it with sharing the maiden flight of my Cornwall built Agilus strutless 10m. Congratulations Karsten - he flew beautifully straight off the sewing bench - solid canopy, rigid structure, good depower, tight turning. Foiling on a big board with a wind reading of 4/5 knots on the beach - obviously I am so delighted. The speed and quality of the construction has risen exponetially compared with the 7 I built previously, which is still my kite of choice in 8-13 knots. Its not unreasonable to say that these builds are easily comparable in performance compared to proprietary strutless kites i fly - then again i am biased!!

Be good to hear how you are getting on with the Wingworks project Karsten - many thanks for all your help

Here are a few pics and a less than thrilling vid - but it gives an idea

https://youtu.be/X6_T--637Ok
Great job Steve!!!
I have a question - did you reinforce the trailing edge with a dyneema/spectra line?

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Anyone here still use foilmaker or surf plan? I think the only reason I would sew another kite vs just buying one would be to make one out of super high end materials like dyneema composite fabric.

stevet25
Rare Poster

Postby stevet25 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks nixmatters! No leech line, just a strip of 30mm Dacron - used on both my builds so far seems to work well. Are you on a build project?

Kitejumping - as well as the joy and satisfaction of a build there is the option of building in to your own preferences - I love strutless kites and BRM Clouds are very expensive and the proverbial hens teeth in Europe!

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:29 pm

stevet25 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 pm
Thanks nixmatters! No leech line, just a strip of 30mm Dacron - used on both my builds so far seems to work well. Are you on a build project?

Kitejumping - as well as the joy and satisfaction of a build there is the option of building in to your own preferences - I love strutless kites and BRM Clouds are very expensive and the proverbial hens teeth in Europe!
Yep, to me the time spent on it vs cost of a kite now means I always just end up buying vs making, I have made a ton of kites in the past though, both LEIs and foils. Zero prestige and wingine.nl used to be good resources back in the day, also the foildesign Yahoo group.

Return to “Kitesurfing”