Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best 2017 Kites

forum for kitesurfers

harppa
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Best TS, Roca, Kahoona
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Best, ION, Peter Lynn, Brunotti, Nobile, SP-United and CTRL Wake.

Re: Best 2017 Kites

Postby harppa » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:52 am

Cabo will be there

flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Depends the mood
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby flysurfing » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:28 pm

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:55 am

Bushflyr wrote:I'm sorry... Just when did anyone start giving a shit about the inflation valve of a kite over how they handle in the air?
So by your logic if you had the best handling kite but had to pump it up by blowing into a tiny valve like a raft then it wouldn't make a difference to you? Ok...got it.

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk

Postby Bushflyr » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Eurus wrote: So by your logic if you had the best handling kite but had to pump it up by blowing into a tiny valve like a raft then it wouldn't make a difference to you? Ok...got it.

Ummm, yeah. :roll: I do fly what I feel are the best handling kites and I do blow them up through the same little tiny valves we used back in '99. So what? It takes maybe 45 seconds to inflate them. Why would I care about saving 15 seconds of inflation time to have to deal with a kite that flies like crap for hours on the water?

NorCalNomad
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1900
Local Beach: San Francisco
Gear: Why should it matter?

Postby NorCalNomad » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 am

"industry leading twist lock valve" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also looks like they are using the same right angle connection that North has been using for years, BUT without the locking collar...

i96dansa
Rare Poster

Postby i96dansa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to let you guys know that the 2017 Cabos are selling for 499 EUR for a 9m now.
I got one (even though I didn't need one) because that's dirt cheap.
Liked it alot!
I usually ride F-one Bandits and Liquid Force Solos for my mainly onshore/side-on wave riding and the Solo is my new fav.

If I have to rate it I would say: Not as good as the Reo V4 but pretty damn good in the waves.
It's true what they say about: low bar press. and quick turns.

What makes it not quite as good as the REO is that there are some blind spots at the end of the turn in the neutral zone when lines are a bit slack (surfing towards the kite).

But at that price, hell I just ordered a 7m as well. I did!

Selling the Bandit and keeping the Solos for my wife.

norcom
Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:26 pm

i96dansa wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:21 pm
Hi,
Just wanted to let you guys know that the 2017 Cabos are selling for 499 EUR for a 9m now.
Liked it alot!
I usually ride F-one Bandits and Liquid Force Solos for my mainly onshore/side-on wave riding and the Solo is my new fav.

If I have to rate it I would say: Not as good as the Reo V4 but pretty damn good in the waves.

What makes it not quite as good as the REO is that there are some blind spots at the end of the turn in the neutral zone when lines are a bit slack (surfing towards the kite).

Is the REO faster? How does the weight compare between the Cabo and REO?

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:19 pm

i96dansa wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:21 pm
Hi,
Liked it alot!

any thoughts on solo vs surf kites (wow, reo, sst, etc)? im looking at a new 10m and our best wave conditions are unfortunately with directly onshore wind, or slightly side-on. My envy drifts ok but most other kites i've tried are tough to keep in the air when trying to ride down the line at all, have to take one whack at the wave and then run away (and usually end up behind the wave) by redirecting

Return to “Kitesurfing”