Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Official Release of 2017 F-One Collection

Postby Toby » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:30 am

F-One News:

Official Release of 2017 F-One Collection

1 fone.png
1 fone.png (395.36 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
More than usual, this is a special year for F-ONE, since it is the 10th anniversary of the BANDIT, 10 years of development at the highest level of requirements!

This year, the entire team with Robert GRAHAM, our designer, Micka FERNANDEZ and Raphael SALLES, the experienced developers and testers, have worked hard to propose a 2017 kite even more complete.
To sum up, for each of them it’s 200 test days on the water a year AND 70 prototypes and 6,000 km of navigation together!

A kite model remaining a best seller for so long is such a rare feat, which is the result of a long and hard work that respects a very exacting design brief, with a very wide array of performance and flying abilities.
The complete set of tests and checks that we perform on every single prototype of each collection is truly uncompromising therefore pushing the kites to the maximum with no settling for second best.
Year after year, we improve some points while maintaining the qualities previously acquired.

Endless Playground:

phpBB [video]

For more details, you will the BANDIT details into our catalog but to be simple the tenth edition of the BANDIT is:

- A new squarer outline
- Less lateral pull for a new level of comfort
- A smooth, homogeneous but powerful traction
- Speed and acceleration are under control
- An efficient and reassuring stability even when over-powered
- Light and maneuverable while being predictable
- Improved and easy hangtime

For this tenth edition of the BANDIT, we have decided to assist it with some other specific kites.
These products, which we call “satellites”, are designed to meet some specific demands which are not part of the program of the BANDIT but the BANDIT remains more than ever at the core of our range.

This is the main reason why we have developed a foil kite last year: the DIABLO. This kite was designed to meet the exacting demands of the foil racers and we decided to improve it and propose a second version V2 for even more performances in 2017!
Compared to its predecessor the DIABLO V.2. is even more racing focused . No concessions were made this year to make this kite even more efficient and create a genuine racing weapon.

We have also used all the know-how of our design department to offer a kite designed specifically for foiling and light wind riding: the BREEZE, kite that we presented you few weeks ago.
Incredible performances in the light wind for this one strut kite available in 11sqm, 13 sqm and 15 sqm.

And at least, the 4th available kite in our range: the FURTIVE.
Alex CAIZERGUES asked us for some custom kites to beat records but after 2 years of development we realized that this kite is ideal for long-distance, speed riding and hang-time sessions, so we decided to propose it to all passionate researching new sensations.

A 2017 collection of true weapons for passionate kitesurfers!

In the board category I will ask for the PRO MODEL MITU MONTEIRO 2017.
We already are the 4th edition of this bestseller! Those high performance boards especially designed for strapless riding became a reference on the market in just a few years.
This year, the range receives two new models: the ultra-light CARBON version and the ESSENTIAL version!

The level of strapless riding has increased so much for both the professionals and also for the average rider.

When riding strapless, any weight loss translates into a direct advantage for the wind to keep the board pressed against your feet.
From the very first prototypes, the feedback on the carbon built Mitu was excellent! We have focused our development work on the technology and materials to optimize: the weight and the comfort.

For the ESL version, we have elected to use our original BAMBOO SANDWICH CONSTRUCTION, which was an F-ONE innovation and a tremendous success.
ESL stands for ESSENTIAL as this is all we have kept for this original technology for this board without pads for the riders who prefer a direct contact with the board and use some wax, this board also shares the latest shape and design of the Mitu range.

The MITU board is also available in convertible version for the foil and surf practices.

And all tastes will be satisfied because the SIGNATURE model has not been forget!

Compact, stable and responsive the SIGNATURE boards are made for surfing in any kind of waves or conditions, benefiting from their well balanced and really intuitive shape.
These boards are able to carve short turns as well as long and fast curves effortlessly.This year we introduce an ultra lightweight carbon version for even more pleasure.

For freestylers and freeriders nothing better than a complete high performance Twin-Tips range!

The TRAX is available in carbon, lite tech (new extra size of 140 x 45 LW) and girl, like the ACID, which is also available in the NEXT GENERATION model !
The wakestyle enthusiasts will be more than happy with the 2017 SPICY that still offer an explosiv pop!

The UNIK, incredible freeride board, will now also be available in 135 x 42 in addition to the 134 x 40.5. Light with high versatility you will like this board after your first test.
At least the NEXT and NEXT LIGHT WIND are also perfect weapon for freeride with a great upwind and an early planning.

The big novelty that is completing the FOIL range and has the same construction as the Twin-Tips is the FOILBOARD 51 TW available in 156 x 51.
This board equipped with a top sheet finish cover will surprise you by its durability while maintaining an awesome riding comfort. To try as soon as possible with the FOIL of the range available in carbon or hybrid construction.

In fact we propose an entire KITEFOIL range with 4 packages:

- FREERIDE 800 HYBRID
- FREERIDE 600 HYBRID
- FREERIDE 600 CARBON
- RACE 510 CARBON

And many accessories that can easily been assembly such as the RACE 540 WING for example.

The FOILBOARDS are also available in the carbon version (150 x 45 – 156 x 47 – 156 x 49) and fiber (156 x 49 – 156 x 51), without forgetting the MITU CONVERTIBLE model (5’6’’ – 5’8’’ – 5’10’’).

At least, the CONCEPT BOARDS are on the list too! The Long Distance Gun is the perfect weapon for all those who cannot help but head for the open seas and the Speed board AC21 Pro Model is the board to be ready for a whole new level of speed and performance.
This is a short presentation of the range but here the link of our flipping book for all details on the products, sizes how and why they have been developed etc.

Link of the COMPLETE CATALOG: 2017-Kite-collection-EN.f-onekites.com

Everything on our website : www.f-onekites.com and www.f-onefoil.com

halloi
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Official Release of 2017 F-One Collection

Postby halloi » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:51 am

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Any gear is good gear as long as it has nothing to do with EPIC!

Postby alexeyga » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:25 pm

halloi wrote:Image
Imho it's more of this case:
Funny-Donkey-17.jpg
Funny-Donkey-17.jpg (81.93 KiB) Viewed 2616 times
Another year of F-One, and none development what so ever. Still no big inflate/deflate valve, still the same dodgy security system that all other big brands have dumped waaaay back.

Same sh@t - different colors. Hey, at least the colors are cool! :thumb:

If I was still using F-One kites - I'd feel owned and would start boycotting the brand.
FONE-DONKEYSHIT.jpg

halloi
Medium Poster
Gear: kites and boards

Postby halloi » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:55 pm

alexeyga wrote: Another year of F-One, and none development what so ever. Still no big inflate/deflate valve, still the same dodgy security system that all other big brands have dumped waaaay back.

If I was still using F-One kites - I'd feel owned and would start boycotting the brand.
you have a good point there but look at those surfboards! :naughty:
cant wait till 2018 comes around so I can get the 2017 Mitu ESL Pro for "cheap" :mosh:

by the way, how does one feel "owned" ? did you mean screwed? like owned by a f1-pimp? I dont get it :brainshit:

take care,
Constantin

mrA380
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 4
Gear: Core XR4's

Postby mrA380 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Agreeeed...All style and no substance.

I've got rid of all my f-one gear now and switched brands. F-one to me, seems to be all about flashy colors and looking snazzy with their utmost attention directed at beating the other brands in the fashion stakes. I prefer to go for functionality over style.

I can't find any detail as to whether they have actually got rid of the pimple inflate system, can't wait to find out :lol:

That being said the furtive looks like it could deliver the goods for what I want, but if it's got the pimple its a no-no...that's an insult for 2017 and a dealbreaker.

Alysum
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Gear: a kite

Postby Alysum » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Have the fixed the safety system to single line flag out?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Scheveningen, Domburg, Rilland, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Binnenschelde, Vrouwenpolder, Oostvoorne, Rockanje, Grevelingen, Borssele.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Switch Helium V1 18m Element V3 13m-7m V4 9m-5m Legacy V1 10m-14m Slingshot Fuel 2005
Switch MJComp V2 136x41.5 Firewire Hellrazor 6.1 timbertek Shinn Shinnster Nobile 555 125x38

Postby Faxie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:13 pm

alexeyga wrote:
halloi wrote:Image
Imho it's more of this case:

Funny-Donkey-17.jpg

Another year of F-One, and none development what so ever. Still no big inflate/deflate valve, still the same dodgy security system that all other big brands have dumped waaaay back.

FONE-DONKEYSHIT.jpg
+1

70 Prototypes... yeah just like the 80 bridles for the V7 if I'm not mistaken. If a designer needs that much prototypes, he clearly doesn't know what he's doing. But my guess is they are being creative with the numbers. Just like their whole marketing is creative.

They should've developed further on the V6, in stead of starting all over again with the V7. V9 Still flies like shit, twitchy, agressive, unstable kite.

And almost every year they have major problems with the TT's. Delaminating, breaking, insert pulled out, weak fins for as long as I can remember, etc. And the bar still sucks. Worthless mini5th safety that still keeps too much pressure in the kite, worthless swivel from 10 years ago, worthless lines without splices but sleeved etc. See a kite deathlooping? 9/10 it's a Bandit. :lol:

But their surfboards are very nice indeed :naughty: (made by Firewire I remember reading somewhere?)

And yes, I've flown them for some years.

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2050
Style: Yes
Gear: North Dice
Shinn Monk the One
North Nugget

Postby Lokihel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:03 pm

The problem with the F-One Bandit is what many people don't understand. A good kite isn't all about how it flies and feels, but also about the things you take for granted on a modern kite.

The two biggest problems with buying the latest Bandit:
- the inflate valve has remained unchanged for too long. Once you get used to the oversized valves that connect straight to the hose of the pump, there's no going back.
- the safety on the bar is at least 7 years behind. Between the two line safety and the velcro release that is only accessible from the one side...

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Brand Affiliation: F-One

Postby windmaker » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:49 am

I think you guys are being unfair. F-one has been one of the most innovative brands of the past few years and their Bandit kite is arguably one of the most sold kites ever(at least in Europe).
Some changes on the 2017 Bandit (not much) but as they say, don't fix it if it is not broken. On the other hand on top of their Diablo foil kite (top grade no doubt)they are releasing 2 new inflatable kites this year and their foil and foilboard range is the most innovative of all kite brands.

For sure their is place for improvements and their will always be, is there a perfect brand out there? . For me gimmicks such as inflation system are bottom of the list on priorities but admit that the bar and safety system can be improved.

Just my personal opinion.

artemis_clyde_frog
Rare Poster

Postby artemis_clyde_frog » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:12 am

bandit is hands down the best Kite I've flown. dialed in Kite loops and can always get the 11 or below to catch me, and added the 15 feet to jumps and it drifts well in the surf too. easily the most versatile kites I've flown. also it chews up gusts and has massive range, much needed in the gorge.

I'd like to see the inflation and safety to get updated too. it's very easy to change the bar to a single line safety too. just put a small ring on the line where it connect to the y, takes the min to do.

keep up with the consistency and small improvements to the bandit, makes it easy to trust the next model is solid without having to demo it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”