CaliRider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Revl Arc cam: Anybody preorder one?

Postby CaliRider » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 am

Was googling around and found this cool new 360 cam. https://www.rylo.com/ 360 stabilized video, $499. Looks like it needs a housing which isn't shipping yet but it looks sweet!! to my eye the video looks as good as the go pro 360 and in one of there videos it stabilized a rollercoaster ride like the revl but better. anyone know about it?

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12
Has thanked: 0

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 pm

CaliRider wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 am
Was googling around and found this cool new 360 cam. https://www.rylo.com/ 360 stabilized video, $499. Looks like it needs a housing which isn't shipping yet but it looks sweet!! to my eye the video looks as good as the go pro 360 and in one of there videos it stabilized a rollercoaster ride like the revl but better. anyone know about it?
Casey just did a review of it HERE. It looks exactly like the new GPro 360 cam coming out but 1/3 the size. Will have to see how specs compare. Also, on the video from the Rylo, I can't see the stitch line very obviously. I think I could see it pretty clearly on the GoPro version.

If they can get these 360 cams to have crisp color accurate footage that you can easily crop post-process, they'll be game changers. No longer will you have to worry about pointing the camera, just turn it on and see what you capture. For kiting that's awesome. Can't tell you how many times I've attached a camera to the kite only to find out I didn't have it pointed correctly.

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am

So, does anyone that pre-ordered the Revl have one yet?

newold86
Rare Poster
Gear: Core

Postby newold86 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:19 am

rogue_kiteboarder wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
So, does anyone that pre-ordered the Revl have one yet?
Very interested to know this as well...

CaliRider
Medium Poster

Postby CaliRider » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Tried to buy a revl but its like it doesn't exist! Its not on amazon or other online shops. Did someone forget to tell them that this is the holiday shopping season?! LOL and no reviews of the camera other than company ones and no posts from them since over a month ago that they were shipping. I might just have to get the rylo but the waterproof case is not ready yet. ;-(

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 pm

CaliRider wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 pm
Tried to buy a revl but its like it doesn't exist! Its not on amazon or other online shops. Did someone forget to tell them that this is the holiday shopping season?! LOL and no reviews of the camera other than company ones and no posts from them since over a month ago that they were shipping...
On one hand, that's a bad sign. This has been in production a long time. When it finally does get out, I can't see how it won't be behind the curve on camera specs. Might be better to read the reviews of this one and wait for Rev 2.

On the other hand, man I have to applaud them for NOT rushing to market with a product that doesn't work. I can't tell you how many GoPros I have bought near the holiday season that were buggy pieces of crap until firmware updates came out a couple months later. Or how many kickstarter compaigns I have watched fail with a botched problem ridden initial delivery. So, for whatever reason...they are taking time to get it right. Might be a company worth following. :thumb:

Vantage
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Long Bay, TCI
Le Morne, Mauritius
Key West Flats
Style: I have ZERO style...
Gear: 2016 Switchblades
Axis Vanguard
Nobile NHP Split
Been thanked: 0

Postby Vantage » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:18 pm

They started shipping a few weeks ago to the those of us who were in early on Indiegogo. All of the first batch went to US backers but the next lot seem to be going internationally. I confirmed my shipping address yesterday and I should have it in the UK in the next month.

There have been a lot of videos posted by users on the FB group and they've been pretty impressive so far. As for being behind the curve against other cameras, I think you'll find that it's way ahead, not behind. There are some minor niggles that I've seen reported but these have been software related rather than hardware from what I've seen.

Can't wait to get hold of it and start using it. The kite line mount is being shipped soon as well. They're also working on a load of other improvements and accessories.

No idea when it will be available for general order but I think I read it's going to be $499 if I remember correctly.

CaliRider
Medium Poster

Postby CaliRider » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:50 am

I can't stomach buying another camera and this stabilizer mount looks promising ... dunno if id ever use the timelaspe function but thats a cool option. Anyone have experience with it? https://noirmatter.com/pages/quark

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:39 am

It's beyond ridiculous that after all this time there is not a single proper independent review out there. Despite all the apparent production issues it must be practical to get a final version out to a reputable tech reviewer, allowing us normal Joe public to get an idea of whether it is worth buying before committing to paying for it. Very unprofessional in my opinion!

Return to “Kitesurfing”