Naish Pivot advice needed

forum for kitesurfers

ThickAir
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot advice needed

Postby ThickAir » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Nice! Good to hear that. I have the 9m and 12m Pivots and don't get anywhere near the height or the hangtime I do on my Rebels. Pivots are sure fun for looping though!

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8

Postby xray » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:54 pm

ThickAir wrote:Nice! Good to hear that. I have the 9m and 12m Pivots and don't get anywhere near the height or the hangtime I do on my Rebels. Pivots are sure fun for looping though!
Rebels jump different than Pivots, a tad easier as well as far as I'm concerned but once dialed in the Pivots rock as well

ThickAir
Medium Poster

Postby ThickAir » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:11 pm

xray wrote:
ThickAir wrote:Nice! Good to hear that. I have the 9m and 12m Pivots and don't get anywhere near the height or the hangtime I do on my Rebels. Pivots are sure fun for looping though!
Rebels jump different than Pivots, a tad easier as well as far as I'm concerned but once dialed in the Pivots rock as well
Yeah, definitely different, but you think the Rebel is easier? I think Rebel is a more technical wing with the potential for it to overfly your head as it screams to the edge of the wind window.

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8

Postby xray » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:23 pm

ThickAir wrote:
xray wrote:
Yeah, definitely different, but you think the Rebel is easier? I think Rebel is a more technical wing with the potential for it to overfly your head as it screams to the edge of the wind window.
The wing is more technical, it has a very distinct technical feel as well but I always found the sweet spot to jump to be pretty big.. but that's just me...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:06 pm

xray wrote:
ThickAir wrote:
xray wrote: Rebels jump different than Pivots, a tad easier as well as far as I'm concerned but once dialed in the Pivots rock as well
The wing is more technical, it has a very distinct technical feel as well but I always found the sweet spot to jump to be pretty big.. but that's just me...
I tend to chalk stuff like that to experience with the specific wing. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”