Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 5-7-9
F-One Trax 2014
DSD Stallion 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The Truth behind Naish Warranties

Postby BudhaNl » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:57 pm

madworld wrote:Hello, it is my opinion that this original poster should be believed and Naish should repair or replace the kite.

Many years ago myself and 15 others kiters at my local sailing spot all had our leading edges explode in the exact same spot over a few month time.
They where Naish Torchs, the USA distributor blew us off, we were told we kited to much or it was something in the water, until we flamed them on kiteforum, almost a year later after we all switched brands and bought new kites, They warrantied them but told us they did not have any Torches in inventory and gave us Crappy Naish Alliances that they made for just one season and they sucked. We all sold them. Naish lost an entire beach that summer. We all have been riding Ocean Rodeo ever since.

I see you're affiliated with Ocean Rodeo, I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see you slag off another brand.

ciscokitesurfer
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 3
Local Beach: altona
Favorite Beaches: pacasmayo
Style: wave, cruise
Gear: NRG 2014, Ride , REO,

Postby ciscokitesurfer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:36 pm

i have an Ocean Rodeo kite that the bladder junction with the valve cracked on my 1st day of flying the kite. I have a video off the event. I crashed the kite and a few minutes later the kite lost shape because it was leaking air. The vendor and Ocean Rodeo told me bad luck. Since then I have not purchase another kite from them even do their marketing videos are good. I own a mako and a duke.

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk

Postby Bushflyr » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:45 pm

ciscokitesurfer wrote:I crashed the kite
Dude, that's called abuse, and no warranty covers it. :roll:

ciscokitesurfer
Frequent Poster

Postby ciscokitesurfer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:47 pm

it is not about slag off another brand is about customer who lost money buying their products and then they turn around and tell us bad luck. We only have two choices write about our experience and move on.

ciscokitesurfer
Frequent Poster

Postby ciscokitesurfer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:49 pm

i can''t tell you don't kite or you are a troll. I am signing off and do better things than reading about you next stupid sentence.

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Crazy Fly Addict, Naish Pivot, Crazyfly Raptor LTD, North Rebel, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Most people think that if anything goes wrong with their kite it should be covered by warranty. I have seen people try to get warranty for damage they caused by self launching and landing on concrete. Damage caused by wrapping their kites around a tree, the stories are endless. Most manufacturers use a third party to give recommendations on warranty. Was there a third party involved in the decision?

Did you have it looked at by their warranty repair center? Generally, someone looks at the kite or photos of the kite looking for evidence of cuts, scrapes and scratches in the failure area. Did this happen?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 pm

If your recount is truthful, then to me that sounds like you have just met the wrong guy...which isn't an excuse, but shouldn't lead to a buyer beware IMO.

I do think everyone deserves a proper evaluation of the kite, and the incident, but like Rogue is saying there are a lot of weird claims. There usually are two sides to a story, but again, if what OP is saying to me it sounds like you met the wrong guy.

andyextreme
Rare Poster
Gear: pivot 12m
fuse 9m

Postby andyextreme » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:02 pm

As I said in my initial post, the leading edge exploded as I was pumping it up on soft sand, this was witnessed by four or five kiters, we were all pumping up. Precisely my point, ive seen kites seriously abused and unscathed, while I know how careful I was with this virtually new kite, never even self landed or launched and certainly not even had salt water on it. Here comes the kicker....... one of them was the local shop manager that I purchased it from. He couldn't believe Naish declined the claim.

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 5-7-9
F-One Trax 2014
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:10 pm

andyextreme wrote:As I said in my initial post, the leading edge exploded as I was pumping it up on soft sand, this was witnessed by four or five kiters, we were all pumping up. Precisely my point, ive seen kites seriously abused and unscathed, while I know how careful I was with this virtually new kite, never even self landed or launched and certainly not even had salt water on it. Here comes the kicker....... one of them was the local shop manager that I purchased it from. He couldn't believe Naish declined the claim.
Don't know what your local regulations are as you don't state where you live, but in EU you warranty arrangement is with the point of sale, not the company or distributor. So it would be the local shop manager.

andyextreme
Rare Poster
Gear: pivot 12m
fuse 9m

Postby andyextreme » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:15 pm

Queensland, Australia.

Return to “Kitesurfing”