Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RPM vs Catalyst vs FX

Forum for kitesurfers
Teabageppo
Frequent Poster
Style: Air style - Freeride
Gear: Rebel 10m 2017, nobile carbon NHP 2017, north nugget 2015.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: RPM vs Catalyst vs FX

Postby Teabageppo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:55 pm

Yep I know what cat you are talking about. Have ridden and owned them myself. Was only on one yesterday afternoon for shits and giggles as my brother wanted a break.

A kite like the FX will have a tighter radius turn but will also give you are fair whack through the loop...well it does I've ridden it. A kite like the dice does the same. What's the latest evo you've tried? It turns well fast enough in say a 9 or 10m. But also has a lot of hangtime to give you height and also float to get that downloop sucker in. The more C the tighter the turn, but the bigger the whack and the more proficient the rider has to be.

I wouldn't be using nick as your benchmark for what will work for you. He is in a class of his own. You and I will never be him.

snowflake
Rare Poster
Gear: kite
board
Been thanked: 0

Postby snowflake » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:16 pm

"I also forgot to mention that I am also looking for a kite with a small radius in the loop."

As you are not unhooking I think you might be happy with a more freeride maybe even slightly wave orientied kite as these are fast, tend to have pivotal turning and a small radius.

Some kites that come to my mind that you could give a shot in no particular order:

Slingshot - SST (SL riding it at KOTA)
LF - Wow
Cabrinha Switchblade
Naish - Pivot

Another thing you can do to make looping more gentle and less radical is increasing the line length:
This will give you additional jump height so more time for the kite to catch and a bigger wind window so you can loop more towards the edge of the window and not so deep in the powerzone.

ragzilla
Medium Poster
Local Beach: none
Favorite Beaches: none
Style: break shit!!!!!
Gear: slingy

Postby ragzilla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 am

For high wind, right??

Why not a rally??

Or particularly looking to keep it flat bridled C ??

Return to “Kitesurfing”