Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Cartagena
Style: Freestyle
Gear: 2014 9M Varial X / 2015 AR APEX TEAM with BOOTS
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Ultra: one strut kite that meets expectations of a ram air lover

Postby danielescobarg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Im also on the fence between 12 and 15. I plan to foil on sub 10kn. From simple perspective, one would think that a 12m (being lighter) will stay up easier, for foiling one up on the foil the power needed is minimal, my biggest concern for very light wind, is the ability of the kite to stay up in the air and its ease of relaunching in deep water. Not sure the 15M will be "much" better than a 12M. Maybe the 15 is way too much once up on the foil? It would also be cool if they were available... pretty much sold out now and the new Acid Teal color wont be available until late December.

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: West Dennis, Pleasure Bay, Chapin, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe. Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul
Gear: BRM Cloud, Lift foils, LP, Temavento, Levitaz, Moses, Concept Air Pulsion, North, Slingshot, Cabrinha, Flysurfer, Ocean Rodeo, Onewheel, Evolve GT, Ollin Freeride
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Ultra: one strut kite that meets expectations of a ram air lover

Postby pikovsg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 am

Get the Cloud D 13.4 instead of the Ultra 15 or 12 for foiling and surfboard. I tested both extensively and the Cloud is a significantly faster turning, more low end, fun kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”