Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Forum for kitesurfers
psa
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Postby psa » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Please be carefull when ordering gear from "You Love it" web store. They do not deliver THE GEAR AT ALL, ALTHOUGH THEY DO PROMISE !! Also their storage balance is not valid.

Here is what happened-

Short story: I ordered neopren value of 320 euro and after little bit over one month I have received nothing. Typically It takes maximum 2 and a half week to get the gear to me.

Long story:

I Asked them via email if they have my size in 2016 model ION XXXX neopren wetsuit . They answered via email that they have that size. Then I ordered that neopren plus neo top. Total value of 320 euro including transportation to Finland. Then I received the confirmation of order and UPS tracking code. After two and half week of the confirmation of the order I checked and noticed that the shipment did not move at all from the shop. Finally I called to UPS and they said that they have not received the package for delivery and the seller has only created the tracking code. Then I called to shop and the seller said to me that the neopren was sold out and he can sell me 2017 model with the same price and I said in the telephone that is OK. Then I send them an email asking for confirmation via email but I did not receive any feedback. Also I tried to call them many times but did not receive any feedback. Luckily I paid with the credit card and now I have made a reclamation in bank.

So be carefull out there...

Macisback
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kahuna Surf House, Kiti, Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils

Re: You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Postby Macisback » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:39 am

Hm, never had any issues with Gerrit. Still best prices out there.

Well, as you said, if it goes belly up sometimes, credit card reclaim.

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 am

I bought a kite from them few years ago. Did not have any problems.

Chris30
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Favorite Beaches: Bali - Sanur
Thailand - Hua Hin
Kalavarda - Rhodes/Greece
Style: Freeride / Oldschool
Gear: Boards: 2x Spleene: Session 45 (145x46 cm) & Rip 39 (139x42,5 cm)
Flysurfer Speed 4 18m & 10m

Postby Chris30 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:45 am

Hi!

Although I find it also not nice is my advice: be patient! I'm pretty sure your stuff will arrive.
Gerritt makes the best prices to find... but the downside is that communication with customers is really poor and sometimes he needs time to fulfill the orders.

Chris

kostantin
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sahlenburg
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc
Gear: Switch, PANSH, Fisch Kiteboards

Postby kostantin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 am

Hi,

bought three neoprenes from them over the years

No serious issue. One has to be replaced, was to small. Took some time, but finally worked out.

If you need quick communication, stay away from Gerrit and pay double the price elsewhere. After all the replacement was my fault. I am more the L size type not the M guy.

tks

Kosta

joop
Medium Poster

Postby joop » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:09 pm

I had the same experience (not good) as psa a couple of years ago ordering some naish kites

Joop

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm

+1
Have been buying from them for years without problem, sorry to hear of your woes.

Macisback wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:39 am
Hm, never had any issues with Gerrit. Still best prices out there.

Well, as you said, if it goes belly up sometimes, credit card reclaim.

catalaussie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Malgrat de Mar, Spain
Favorite Beaches: Malgrat de Mar, Spain
Blanes, Spain
Sant Pere Pescador, Spain
La Franqui, France
Style: freestyle, freeride, race
Gear: Kites: GRIFFIN KITES
Boards: Cabrinha ACE, RRD K-Race 70
Brand Affiliation: Griffin Kites (support team member and ambassador in Spain)

Postby catalaussie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:29 am

I've had no problem with them. Really kind and fast service, and great prices. Sure there are lots of happy customers out there and maybe also some unhappy, but usually we only take time to share when we have a negative experience (as positive experience is always expected I suppose). Unfornately we are not taking so much time when all is going well. Customer services are usually getting basically negative comments. Just few ones taking some time to give positive feedback.

My personal experience on customer claims management: everyone can make a mistake or can have a problem. Usually being patient and contacting directly to the supplier (sometimes more than one email is needed) most problems are fixed at the end. Dealers usually want their customers to be happy with their service and no one wants unhappy customers. I would put my efforts on trying to contact the supplier and asking him kindly to fix the problem better than writing negative comments on a forum. Usually not fixed issues come from a communication problem. Communication should not be a problem actually with all ways available to communicate, but each part has to put some effort and positivity. This is the key in my opinion, even it's clear that excellent support would need not a lot of communications to solve a problem, but it's not always possible to be excellent (because of many reasons).

Again, it's only my personal point of view.

tomato
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: faceplant!!!
Gear: old

Postby tomato » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:49 am

Hi,
I bought twice from them. The first time after not receiving for 2 weeks contacted them by email, product was damaged in warehouse and they could send me another brand. Took some time to get that, but at the end problems were solved. Second time- I got what I bought in a few days to Sweden, very fast.

In general- they have the best prices, but sometimes you need to wait. Do not buy if you need goods urgently- go for local dealer, but if you can wait- they have best deals.

Frank82
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, IJburg, Schellinkhout, Medemblik - Netherlands
Style: freestyle / wakestyle / big air / wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Frank82 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:04 am

I order stuff there from time to time and always get the latest version even if I ordered a last year item, never any issues.

Return to “Kitesurfing”