Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new 2017/2018 Naish Boxer

Forum for kitesurfers
Strekke
Frequent Poster
Gear: 2021 Cabrinha Drifters - Naish Pivot - Flysurfer Peak4 - Core Choice - Firewire Vader 5'2 - F-One Phantom
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: new 2017/2018 Naish Boxer

Postby Strekke » Fri May 18, 2018 6:17 am

Backstalling occurs more often in light winds, so it could partially be a technique thing. However, the 2017/2018 Naish lines tend to stretch easily, resulting in longer front lines, making your kite prone to backstall. How often have you used your bar? If you've used it quite a few times, this could be the problem. Naish has officially admitted this issue, and if you go to your local dealer and show them your stretched lines, you get a set of new & better lines, for free.

Check this video from Jesse Richman, explaining what to do if your lines are stretched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2HlNgBwU0I

My kites were stalling too, so I forwarded this video to my dealer, and was able to swap my old stretched lines for new lines. Pretty neat of Naish to offer this kind of customer service!

tmcfarla
Frequent Poster

Postby tmcfarla » Sat May 26, 2018 1:04 pm

trnsprt wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:51 pm
Question. I have the 12m boxer. It's a pretty well behaved kite. Like the relaunch. Doesn't seem to get too crazy when powered up.

However I have a lot of trouble with the kite backstalling.
I just got a 10m boxer, and have same issue, I’ve been foiling with 3 strut and 0 strut kite for the past couple years, so I’m pretty accustomed to using kites in their lower range. I found the boxer likes back-stalling, but my main problems with it were poor drift, and that it would not turn on slack lines at all. I’m going to give it a few more tries before making up my mind on it, but my first impression was pretty negative. To be fair, light wind on a foil can be testing for a kite, but it advertises itself as made for those conditions. I used it side-by-side with my 8m 3-strut Cabo (my most used kite), and it replaced an old 9m cloud. I was on a foil board in flat water with about 15 knots wind. The Cabo worked fine though a tad underpowered, so I know the wind was ok.

I didn’t spend much time playing around with the trim, and I’ll do this next time I use it. All those problems could be related to trim, and I’m hoping that I love it as much as everyone else seems to once I get the trim sorted out.

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Sat May 26, 2018 5:28 pm

I have both 12 and 9m Naish Boxers, love these kites, turning speed is just as I like it, sweet and predictable. When oversheeted they can backstall but it is just a matter of adjusting kite's trim.

trnsprt
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, N.C.
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Desoto, FL. Sprecklesville, HI. Hatteras National Seashore, Fire Island, NY.
Style: Learning
Gear: Slingshot Rallys, SS Wave SST's, Naish Boxer. SS Asylum. Nobile Split Hydrofoil. SS Celeritas
Been thanked: 0

Postby trnsprt » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:50 pm

Sorry guys. Had my notifications off. It's a new bar new kite. Probably 3 sessions on it.

trnsprt
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, N.C.
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Desoto, FL. Sprecklesville, HI. Hatteras National Seashore, Fire Island, NY.
Style: Learning
Gear: Slingshot Rallys, SS Wave SST's, Naish Boxer. SS Asylum. Nobile Split Hydrofoil. SS Celeritas
Been thanked: 0

Postby trnsprt » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Thanks for the video vector! I'll get in touch with the shop. That's super helpful.

Return to “Kitesurfing”