Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Lift Electric Motor Foil

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby tautologies » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:57 pm

DIY-eFoil wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:43 pm
Yes I completely agree. im just finishing up on my quick connect brackets for My eFoil http://www.diy-electric-hydrofoil.com/d ... eo-series/ so it attaches to almost all brands of foils, not the mast, but the fuselage with two hex/allen bolts so you can zip around, then unbolt, unplug, and go back out kiting or whatever you want..
Very nice man. Keep us updated here. I'd be interested in getting the components. I know it is not realistic right now to estimate cost, but do you have a rough idea of what goal you're shooting for?

User avatar
deniska
Frequent Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:40 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby deniska » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:11 pm

can this be used with some minor modifications for mounting on the mast or fuselage? Or contact the guy to make some modifications for foiling?
$600 shipped..
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V-BAT ... 894a857149
or here:
https://jet.com/product/detail/508cc681 ... c7e07f28cd

dazarter
Medium Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 9:44 am
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: kiel
Favorite Beaches: Somewhere in France
Style: freeride
Gear: Gaastra pure 2016 13, 10, 8m
crazy fly raptor pro 142x42 seaflight wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby dazarter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 pm

We need a company like tesla to mass produce electric rideables to bring the costs down.

Tesla make really cheap electic cars, much more expensive than a Porsche ! Strange Statement to make, Lift are on about the same price range as the bloody expensive but also nice Tesla cars! :lol:

DIY-eFoil
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Airush Lithium Kits, LF Board, Slingshot Fish Foil
Brand Affiliation: Creating DIY Electric Hydrofoil Kit
Contact:

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby DIY-eFoil » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:56 am

Tautologies, it's tough to say still as I have some new parts arriving Tuesday that could lower the cost of the entire unit, I keep testing different setups in search of what I feel is rock solid, affordable, and fun as hell! Pricing keeps changing with the parts but my goal is to have the entire build ready for plug-n-ride sub $2k

Here is a post I did yesterday if you wanna follow along on my blog http://www.diy-electric-hydrofoil.com/3 ... ofoil-kit/

DIY-eFoil
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Airush Lithium Kits, LF Board, Slingshot Fish Foil
Brand Affiliation: Creating DIY Electric Hydrofoil Kit
Contact:

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby DIY-eFoil » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:59 am

deniska wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:11 pm
can this be used with some minor modifications for mounting on the mast or fuselage? Or contact the guy to make some modifications for foiling?
$600 shipped..
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V-BAT ... 894a857149
or here:
https://jet.com/product/detail/508cc681 ... c7e07f28cd
I talked with that company a while ago. It's slow, not very powerful if you ask me. Ya it's good for the masses/average joe, but not going to get your heart pumping with extreme fun.

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:05 am
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby mr moon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Rich kids nonsense toys. Just get yourself a stand up paddle board for those flat days and do some exercise instead 8)

The engine for me takes away the whole magic of our sport.. let's go on a jetski then at least you can go much faster :rollgrin:

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5454
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 pm

mr moon wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:05 pm
Rich kids nonsense toys. Just get yourself a stand up paddle board for those flat days and do some exercise instead 8)

The engine for me takes away the whole magic of our sport.. let's go on a jetski then at least you can go much faster :rollgrin:
All that noise? no thanks

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:05 am
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby mr moon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Ok silent engine, got the point. But no thanks.

I'd rather stay green and go under 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXs5SROjxio

User avatar
deniska
Frequent Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:40 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby deniska » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:56 am

DIY-eFoil wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:59 am
deniska wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:11 pm
can this be used with some minor modifications for mounting on the mast or fuselage? Or contact the guy to make some modifications for foiling?
$600 shipped..
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V-BAT ... 894a857149
or here:
https://jet.com/product/detail/508cc681 ... c7e07f28cd
I talked with that company a while ago. It's slow, not very powerful if you ask me. Ya it's good for the masses/average joe, but not going to get your heart pumping with extreme fun.
how many watts should it have to make it a fun ride?
would 1.6hp work?
here is another pre-assembled thruster:
http://www.nauticexpo.com/prod/dwtek-co ... 87204.html
should not be hard to make a case /bracket for it to attach to a mast..
the company probably has controllers for it too...

DIY-eFoil
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Airush Lithium Kits, LF Board, Slingshot Fish Foil
Brand Affiliation: Creating DIY Electric Hydrofoil Kit
Contact:

Re: Lift Electric Motor Foil

Postby DIY-eFoil » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:19 am

I have looked at as many thrusters as I could find pre built and have not been able to find a solution that looks good enough to have "fun". Based on Virus's setup, PacificMiester, and a bunch of my research/calculations you want 2 - 3.35hp (1500w - 2500w) for an efoil (surfboard requires MUCH more power).

I dont think the build is worth the time and effort for a slow dull ride, you can already buy pre-build SUP and surfboard motors for that slow cruise ride. I hope to have a simple complete efoil kit for this in the future.

I just did a post talking about why im using a ducted nozzle propeller http://www.diy-electric-hydrofoil.com/d ... hydrofoil/


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Hessel, iriejohn and 23 guests

cron