Slinshot screamer
Cabrinha Tronic
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot 14m vs Cabrinha Contra 13m

Postby Bartolo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:43 am

AdroVempo wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:10 am
Hello,
Can you please tell me how well the combination of Cabrinha Bars are on the Pivots? I have heard you have to use pigtails and stuff.
Also, I am thinking of the Cabrinha Fireball instead of the chickenloop bar. Do you know if that too should work the same on the Naish Pivot kites?

Thanks.

Bartolo wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:38 pm
rogue_kiteboarder wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:39 am
But it makes sense anyway, although i use a Cabrinha bar already for the pivots as well.
You can use the cabrinha bar with the Pivot. You have to switch the knot/loop connections however in some way. You can use conversion pigtails, like i did, or switch the Cabrinhabar control line pigtails, like previous poster KiteDR says. The latter will only be practically if you don't want to use the same bar for a Cabrinha kite as well because then you would have to switch them before each session and you don't want to go there because you have to be sure that your lines will be all equally tuned after you change anything (check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUFX3A6mR1U). As you can see in the video you use the Cabrinha control line pigtails for adjusting your line length as well.

If you use the bar only with the Pivots then the latter method is the preferred way I would think because the pigtails (at least the ones I had) can be a bit hard awkard to untight after use. Not a big problem but annoying sometimes for me.

As far as the fireball is concerned, I never used one but I would say it will work allright since the fireball doesn't change anything in your lines setup.

Why is it you want to use the Cabrinha bar instead of a nasih bar?

AdroVempo
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Minnesota: Lake Waconia, Medicine Lake, White Bear Lake.
Favorite Beaches: South Padre, Jamaica, Visakhapatnam (Vizag)
Style: Freeride
Gear: None

Postby AdroVempo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:37 pm

The main reason I want to use the Cabrinha bar is because of how comfortable the fireball setup is. How the hooking in is easier, and also the way it does not pull your harness up (I know seat harness is an option for that, but man, it hurts at my croutch. so no seated harness for me).

But also, Cabrinha is the only bar i have used until now, in the 8 or 9 classes I had taken. Maybe I would have used a non-Cab bar for one class I took, because I know that school does not use Cab products. But honestly, I do not even remember which brand bar I would have used then.

I see and read about Naish bars being very good too. Basically, I want the simplest setup coz I am not particularly good with the lines and stuff (technically).

Bartolo wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:43 am
AdroVempo wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:10 am
Hello,
Can you please tell me how well the combination of Cabrinha Bars are on the Pivots? I have heard you have to use pigtails and stuff.
Also, I am thinking of the Cabrinha Fireball instead of the chickenloop bar. Do you know if that too should work the same on the Naish Pivot kites?

Thanks.
Bartolo wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:38 pm

But it makes sense anyway, although i use a Cabrinha bar already for the pivots as well.
Why is it you want to use the Cabrinha bar instead of a nasih bar?

KiteDR
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Cabarete, Minnesota
Favorite Beaches: Bahia Salinas, Costa Rica; Cabarete Bay
Style: Free Ride
Gear: Cabrinha, Shinn

Postby KiteDR » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Yeah - I'm a believer in sticking with a familiar setup - I happen to like the fireball system as well, but regardless, when flying different brand kites, I think it's important to make sure safeties and such are as familiar and natural as possible. I even fly my Ozone foils on my cabrinha bars.

CorradoWest
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: X
Gear: Cabrinha/Naish

Postby CorradoWest » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:22 pm

After flying the Pivot for 6 months, I found I really like the kite. However, the ATB Naish bar, I'm not that much of a fan of. Good to hear positive feedback from those that use Cabrihna bars with their Pivots. Going forward I will likely do the same.

Return to “Kitesurfing”