Rare Poster
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Paros - kite schools comparison

Postby jkolev1 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone who could compare the two kitesrfing schools in Paros. One is ParosKite and the other Paros Kite Pro Center.

Which one has a better position on the spot, more and newer equipment, better/friendlier staff and instructors.

There are some horrible Kitesurfing school owners and I want to be really careful about who am I engaging with because some people can literally ruin tour vacation.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Re: Paros - kite schools comparison

Postby Dimitri M » Wed May 31, 2017 11:31 pm

The island of Paros is a great place to kite and this is the reason why I do all my EPICKITES demos for the European kiters on this island during the month of July/August. Also both PAROSKITE and PAROS KITE PRO CENTER are great schools. Now it all depends on who is giving you the lessons since they get a lot of instructors from all over the world.

This is PAROS:
https://vimeo.com/137852510

Frank82
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, IJburg, Schellinkhout, Medemblik - Netherlands
Style: freestyle / wakestyle / big air / wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Frank82 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Paros Kite Pro center have a friendly surf vibe going on, the other one thinks they are St. Tropez with ridiculous prices for drinks/food and the owner was super grumpy. Definetly go for Paros Kite Pro Center (the last one when you arrive at the spot). Instructors are cool guys all around, no matter the school.

FYI: we just went on a vacation there and didn't require lessons.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:14 am

Paros Kite Pro center have a friendly surf vibe going on, the other one thinks they are St. Tropez with ridiculous prices for drinks/food and the owner was super grumpy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: St.Tropez. That was a good one Mr.Frank82
And yes George can be grumpy from time to time but he is a good guy.

NorthRider69
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Paros, Naxos, Qatar, Oman
Style: free ride , freestyle , wave
Gear: Dice , Vegas, Duotone Whip, Gambler
Been thanked: 0

Postby NorthRider69 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Dimitri :nono: agree with Frank82, you are being diplomatic, George is Grumpy w/ attitude issues big time most of the time; On the other hand the cafe is great, the staff working there are cool, food and drink good. Yes a bit expensive on my last visits in 2014-2016! There was also a bit of Soap opera style rivalry between the schools but that's normal all over the world from what I am seeing . Between the two schools, Paros Kite Pro Center in my personal experience from Paros Kite would be better of the two. Would recommend to anyone going to Paros to bring along their own equipment. Paros is a great Kitesurfing destination. Among the Top 5 in Europe perhaps.

NorthRider69

Return to “Kitesurfing”