Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best bankrupt?

Postby Gergz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Toby wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:22 pm
So what's the story now?

Any updates?

this is what I got a few days ago from them:
"Best Kiteboarding usually doesn't react to rumours or false information. We are very aware that there are voices online trying to damage the brand Best because they don’t agree with necessary changes inside the company. The best answer we can give is being successful. This we are, making qualified sales every single day on quality product we are very proud about. Just like any other kite brand we use the the months June and July to clear our warehouses in order to prepare for the coming season. Go to bestkiteboarding.com to benefit from our latest offers while stocks last. If you want to learn more about Best’s strategy go to http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/feed/on ... e-with-us/"

I'm a bit suspicious though...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:35 pm

If we ask people what keeps them from riding the latest and safest kite gear we always get the same answer: “New kites are terribly expensive”. Funny enough Best Kiteboarding was founded to change exactly that. But almost 15 years later kites from all brands still cost a hell lot of money. So it’s about time for a disruption eventually.

That’s why Best rethought everything within the company but product quality. We turned our entire organization, sourcing, logistics and marketing upside down and we are ready for a revolution now. We want to know: How many of you riders would buy the latest and safest gear if we cut prices by half? What if a brand new kite with a bar is available at under a thousand Euro or Dollars? Riders in the world: It’s time to gear up and ride with us!
From their website!

Wait a minute! Now back to cheaper prices? Who's idea was it to make it a premium brand?

I think everyone in the sport knew this not gonna work...

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:07 am

I don't know what they have in place with their suppliers, but they were in the hole with Neil Pryde for close to a million dollars. NP did owe BEST a similar amount for use of the kite patents so maybe they traded it away and came to an agreement for future production. I hope so. They also make with another sail loft so maybe they have good options to secure future kite production.

They deserve to continue and it's nice to see them targeting what made them great; inexpensive kites that offer great performance. Hopefully, Seb can get the brand out from under Javier and make right with everyone who got screwed over.

They've got gear in stock and are delivering, pay on your CC and everything is good.

That Yarga Shack, too funny.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:59 am

I think it's their only change to continue, back to the roots.

Again, who's idea was it to make it a premium Brand?

bjw
Medium Poster
Gear: Best
Has thanked: 0

Postby bjw » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 am

2018 Gear will tell all.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:01 pm

sq225917 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:07 am
I don't know what they have in place with their suppliers, but they were in the hole with Neil Pryde for close to a million dollars. NP did owe BEST a similar amount for use of the kite patents so maybe they traded it away and came to an agreement for future production.
I'm sorry, but that is just BULLSHIT!!. NP owed Best NOTHING. Best did NOT own any formally ratified patents. Best owed NP big $ and it was definitely one way :angryfire:

:pump:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Didn't best buy the bow patents?

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 pm

bjw wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 am
2018 Gear will tell all.
Designed by who? When will Best's former employees get paid? How will warranty be handled if the company is unable to pay it's employee's.

Toby wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 pm
Didn't best buy the bow patents?
That I what I was told by two best reps at different times in relation to the North CL release. The story was that North leased the "bow" design that was supposedly purchased from the Legaignoux brothers by Best. North never paid up, so Best finally just took the North CL release as payment. And it was about time too. Best had not had a functioning/safe CL release since 2010. Please take this story with a grain of salt as this is what I was told by two different Best guys. And I have never heard as much bulls--t as I have heard from kite reps, kite salesmen, and "dedicated brand riders".

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 am

Matteo V wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 pm
That I what I was told by two best reps at different times in relation to the North CL release. The story was that North leased the "bow" design that was supposedly purchased from the Legaignoux brothers by Best. North never paid up, so Best finally just took the North CL release as payment.
NOT true. Best did not purchase the bow design patent. The North agreement was directly with the Legaignoux bro's. North owed Best nothing (nil, nada, zilch). Best did, however, unilaterally swipe the North CL release.

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:34 am

Pump me up wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 am
Matteo V wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 pm
That I what I was told by two best reps at different times in relation to the North CL release. The story was that North leased the "bow" design that was supposedly purchased from the Legaignoux brothers by Best. North never paid up, so Best finally just took the North CL release as payment.
NOT true. Best did not purchase the bow design patent. The North agreement was directly with the Legaignoux bro's. North owed Best nothing (nil, nada, zilch). Best did, however, unilaterally swipe the North CL release.
Anybody back up Pumpy??? He is not the most reliable source. And no one is really around from Best, to defend Best on this accusation. And my info is second (third?) hand. But multiple sources from before I started kiting all say Best had originally purchased, then at least "sub-leased" out the bow kite design.

Return to “Kitesurfing”