Re: Best bankrupt?

Postby halloi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:29 am

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:28 pm
iblocalsurfer wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:08 pm
sq225917 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:48 pm
I noticed that BEST must have had some new stock arrive this week. They were down to very limited sizes when I look last week, but they seem to have a wider spread of gear in now- and an extra 25% off for Black Friday.
Went through the process of ordering a kite/bar this morning. When you get to the checkout, it's says in fine print that the kite is not available and needs to be back ordered. Don't have the confidence to pull the trigger.
Yeah, don’t do it. Rumors keep churning and the company/owner continues to stay silent. Last I checked the size options were all over the place (like only having 16 and 6 for the TS) and I doubt that we will see much more from Best. Very sad story but hopefully some of the great people there pop up in other places..
definitely very shady if a company is kind enough to inform a potential customer before finalizing the purchase that their product is currently on backorder...
guys... :brainshit:

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ChickenD!ken » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:07 am

halloi wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:29 am
ChickenD!ken wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:28 pm
iblocalsurfer wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Went through the process of ordering a kite/bar this morning. When you get to the checkout, it's says in fine print that the kite is not available and needs to be back ordered. Don't have the confidence to pull the trigger.
Yeah, don’t do it. Rumors keep churning and the company/owner continues to stay silent. Last I checked the size options were all over the place (like only having 16 and 6 for the TS) and I doubt that we will see much more from Best. Very sad story but hopefully some of the great people there pop up in other places..
definitely very shady if a company is kind enough to inform a potential customer before finalizing the purchase that their product is currently on backorder...
guys... :brainshit:
They’ve been offering deep discounts for a while with limited inventory and there’s nothing coming from the company by way of communication. Former staff who’ve worked there report not being paid etc. I think it’s warranted to tread carefully as a customer.

Massivemick
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Bantham, UK
Style: freeride
Gear: Best TS 7 & 8m
Best Roca 10 & 12m
Best Armada TT
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Massivemick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

for anyone who is still, 'on the fence' about buying Best :?:

I've totally updated my quiver this year and now have two 2017 Rocas (12 & 10m), two 2017 bars (47 & 52) and have just bought a 7m TS :-)

I got the 'colour of my choice' on all kites and they even threw in a funky cool T shirt :D

all the above were bought at super cool discounted prices with the icing on caking being my 7m TS which i bought on the 'Black Friday Discounted - Discounted Deal'. :D

so let's please stop with all the negativity

and lets go kiting 8)

later dudes

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Let's hope you can get spares next year.

Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Massivemick wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am
for anyone who is still, 'on the fence' about buying Best :?:

I've totally updated my quiver this year and now have two 2017 Rocas (12 & 10m), two 2017 bars (47 & 52) and have just bought a 7m TS :-)

I got the 'colour of my choice' on all kites and they even threw in a funky cool T shirts

all the above were bought at super cool discounted prices with the icing on caking being my 7m TS which i bought on the 'Black Friday Discounted - Discounted Deal'. :D

so let's please stop with all the negativity

and lets go kiting 8)

later dudes
I have also updated my quiver with 2017 Best Kites.

4m Roca (250€) + a 2017 BLK bar(180€) via Kitemana.nl (delivered the next day) + two cool t-shirts :D
7 & 9m Cabo via Surfpirates.de (together 853€) (delivered two days later)
11m Roca + Red Bar (Together 700€) via the Best site.... ordered on Black Friday, nothing delivered to date :roll: :x :o :oops: :angryfire: Best does respond quickly when I send mails and report they have shipped the kite (SEUR /DPD). The tracking worked for a day or two but since then the kite disappeared from the tracking system. So probably not Bests fault but.... bad luck... lets see what happens. I will keep you posted..

A quiver of 2017 kites 4,7,9,11m plus two bars for just under 2000€ not too bad I would say... but that last package....

Marcello_KS87
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Italy
Favorite Beaches: Italy
Style: freeride
Gear: Ozone, Best

Postby Marcello_KS87 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello guys,
Some days ago I was looking at black friday offers on best website. Btw reading some posts about the troubles of the brand I got scared so I didn't buy any gear.
Now I would understand if best is closing or not? I like very much the brand's quality and, of course, the prices. Why online are availeable only few sizes of kites?

Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Peert wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 pm
I have also updated my quiver with 2017 Best Kites.

4m Roca (250€) + a 2017 BLK bar(180€) via Kitemana.nl (delivered the next day) + two cool t-shirts :D
7 & 9m Cabo via Surfpirates.de (together 853€) (delivered two days later)
11m Roca + Red Bar (Together 700€) via the Best site.... ordered on Black Friday, nothing delivered to date :roll: :x :o :oops: :angryfire: Best does respond quickly when I send mails and report they have shipped the kite (SEUR /DPD). The tracking worked for a day or two but since then the kite disappeared from the tracking system. So probably not Bests fault but.... bad luck... lets see what happens. I will keep you posted..

A quiver of 2017 kites 4,7,9,11m plus two bars for just under 2000€ not too bad I would say... but that last package....
My order directly from the best website has arrived!
So i can confirm Best is still alive.

I think the delayed delivery was mainly due to DPD the logistics provider they use.. I must say that Bests response to emails was fine. From their side they did their best to find out where the package was hanging out.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:57 pm

So............still no 2018 gear? Good that the shut down is going smoothly. Maybe some of the previous employee's that did not get paid will get some of the proceeds from your purchase! Hopefully it is not all going to legal fees and to pay off it's creditors before empoyee's.

halloi
Medium Poster
Gear: kites and boards

Postby halloi » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:57 pm
So............still no 2018 gear?
nope, it looks like Best is putting out kites in versions now, like ozone, not annually but only after a "major" update in construction&design.

and... I .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GLa9T2CtI

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Hmmmm..... Still says 2017 gear. How do you know they are switching over to a "version" system instead of a year system?

Return to “Kitesurfing”