Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Does Best kiteboarding warranty really work?

forum for kitesurfers

Gergz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Best TS 7/9/12
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Does Best kiteboarding warranty really work?

Postby Gergz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi,
does anyone have issues with Best warranty as well?!
Because I have two kites (2015 TS 7&9) broken at the one-pump system and some unglued valves and no answer since a few weeks now... although I know the fact that Best is going through hard times I'm curious what the next step is :roll:

very frustrating after spending nearly €3.000,-!!! especially after they've changed my 12m last year with the same issues without any problems...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Gergz wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:46 pm
Hi,
Because I have two kites (2015 TS 7&9) broken at the one-pump system and some unglued valves and no answer since a few weeks now... although I know the fact that Best is going through hard times I'm curious what the next step is :roll:

very frustrating after spending nearly €3.000,-!!! especially after they've changed my 12m last year with the same issues without any problems...
Is a 2015 kite under warranty?

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire/Tomo, Loyd, Ion

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Gergz wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:46 pm
Hi,

"Simply register your new Best gear for our Lifetime Fair and Reasonable Warranty online within 30 days after purchase date to be covered forever under the conditions explained in the fine print below."
Did you register your kites for the lifetime warranty?
Best USA is HQed in San Francisco. Try contacting them via their FaceBook page...
https://www.facebook.com/BestKiteboardi ... ref=search

Matteo V
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Best is gone. Previous threads have explained that their people were not paid as the company is bankrupt, mostly due to shady business deals that the new owner is likely going to jail for.

The head Best designer has moved on and already released his own brand of kites.

If you find a web page or facebook account, likely it will not be up for much longer - or at least not updated as no one is being paid to do so.

If Best somehow comes out of the ashes, they will have some major bills to pay that would hinder them from moving forward. Warranty will be the last of their concerns.

If any of this info is inaccurate, I welcome corrections - preferably from someone still being paid at what is left of Best.

I too have to do some "re-gluing" on some valves on a 2015 Best kite, so I feel for you.

Windigo1
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Aylmer
Style: Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:23 pm

I dealt with Best last year and they were pretty good they sent me replacement parts quickly and replaced a kite. But now that they are near bankruptcy things may be different. If you can,t work things out you can get parts from the KiteFix KiteAid or other similar websites etc..

grigorib
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Ogden Dunes, IN; Michigan City, IN; South Haven, MI; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 8m/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m/15m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Best Kahoona 11.5m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Spleene Door 59, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Ghost Whisper 42"/545/328, Moses 71cm/548/325, Lift 150/36", Slingshot Dwarfcrafts 42"/54", Slingshot Coupe 6', Ocean Rodeo Mako 135, MBS Comp 95x

Postby grigorib » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm

I dealt with Best in the previous year as well and can recommend. Responsive and accurate.

However:
1. Unglued valves are most likely from exposing kite to high temperatures (locked in a car on a sunny day, stored on attic/garage in summer and similar). I doubt warranty would apply for that. But folks say a factory had a problem and if it's the case then it's their issue.
2. people say Best is gone as the company. Not sure who takes care of any liabilities.

so your reasonable call should be to either replace the valves or have them replaced. Even better for leading edge is to order brand new replacement bladder (Airtime). I know when there's one unglued valve, there'll be more and at valves $15 a piece + work a replacement bladder for $120 is not bad at all.

P.S. in no way 3 Best TS kites should cost 3000 EUR. I'd expect $1800 plus shipping at most. Let me know if you need contact for reliable US dealers.

Gergz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Best TS 7/9/12

Postby Gergz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:00 pm

thank you guys for all the good input!
grigorib wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm

P.S. in no way 3 Best TS kites should cost 3000 EUR. I'd expect $1800 plus shipping at most. Let me know if you need contact for reliable US dealers.
to be fair it was the whole package, 3 kites with bar and board... but my point is who is going to deal with all these warranty issues after NOW?

yes, I have registered my product under their website and they even said it's a known issue (broken plastic rings at the one-pump system) which they replaced in the past for other people too but no response from them after July...
Attachments
IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2382.JPG

grigorib
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Ogden Dunes, IN; Michigan City, IN; South Haven, MI; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 8m/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m/15m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Best Kahoona 11.5m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Spleene Door 59, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Ghost Whisper 42"/545/328, Moses 71cm/548/325, Lift 150/36", Slingshot Dwarfcrafts 42"/54", Slingshot Coupe 6', Ocean Rodeo Mako 135, MBS Comp 95x

Postby grigorib » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:15 pm

Gergz wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:00 pm
to be fair it was the whole package, 3 kites with bar and board... but my point is who is going to deal with all these warranty issues after NOW?

yes, I have registered my product under their website and they even said it's a known issue (broken plastic rings at the one-pump system) which they replaced in the past for other people too but no response from them after July...
I guess the company's gone so what's next is up to your best call. I can offer suggestions and maybe help:
1. plastic shitty rings around the valve are reinforcement but any decent kite repair shop can reinforce them with Dacron. Worst case - take the bladder out and bring the kite to a shoe repair shop which are rare but will do a great job sewing adding reinforcement ring over, maybe even without having to open the strut. Shoe repair shops are greately undervalued for harness/straps and whatnot repairs.
2. Best twist-lock replacement inflation valve made by Airtime is $30 or so. I can ship you two of those I have left. Shipping to Russia shouldn't be expensive and it's not hard to replace the valve yourself. Let me know

Return to “Kitesurfing”