Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Guincho, Sylt
Style: Big air, waves
Gear: Naish Pivot, Global, Monarch

Re: 2018 Naish kites

Postby Dirk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:30 am

I think you will be very happy with your 7m Slash. I had mine (2018 7m) out for the first time yesterday in ultra gusty Levante conditions in Tarifa with a Twintip (no waves, only nasty chop). It was not much fun, but the kite is excellent in these conditions, very well behaved, stable, loads of depower. Powered up it also jumps pretty well, but I want to further test this in more controllable conditions. Last year I also had a 6m Pivot for high wind boosting with TT, but maybe the Slash will make me happy enough.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 am

Sounds great.
So how about the 9 or 10 Slash or Pivot? This kite needs to be versatile. So far I have always loved the 10/9 Pivot for jumping and agility with a TT and I feel the bar is set super high. Do you have any opinions on that? It doesn't have to be side by side comparison but I'm so dependent on that kite for just about every type of riding.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Guincho, Sylt
Style: Big air, waves
Gear: Naish Pivot, Global, Monarch

Postby Dirk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 am

No opinion on this. My go to kite is my 8m Pivot, for TT and SB. However the jumping aspect is more important in that size for me, because I ride TT more often in that wind strength. I believe I won‘t touch that decision because I am super happy with the kite. It is good for both and I like how I can fine tune it with different line lengths. Although, I am also keen to give the 9m Dash a shot (when the next version comes out in spring)

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 pm

I just ordered a 14m pivot and 12m Slash. Im stoked to see how they both work here in southern california ! Hopefully the 12m slash has a ton of low end like my 2017 10m slash does !

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 2016: 5-7, 2015: 10
F-One Trax 2014
Firewire Vanguard 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Dirk wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 am
No opinion on this. My go to kite is my 8m Pivot, for TT and SB. However the jumping aspect is more important in that size for me, because I ride TT more often in that wind strength. I believe I won‘t touch that decision because I am super happy with the kite. It is good for both and I like how I can fine tune it with different line lengths. Although, I am also keen to give the 9m Dash a shot (when the next version comes out in spring)
Can you comment on the different line lengths? What lengths do you use formwhich circumstances/boards/kite sizes and what effect so you notice?

Return to “Kitesurfing”