Medium Poster
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F One Trax Hard Light tech

Postby bri7 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 am

http://www.f-onekites.com/Products/Twin ... -Lite-tech

Is anyone using this board in afreeride style not hardcore freestyle , currently using the misfit had it for years, good board but heavy , have the feeling tech might of moved on a bit . Cheers

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Re: F One Trax Hard Light tech

Postby alexeyga » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:54 pm

These are seriously nice boards, definitely suited for all-around freeriding, but they don't like to be carved hard. Unless you're getting one with a solid discount there are better options out there in this price range. Back to back with my "beater" Vanguard of same size that I've got for 1/3rd of $$$ (brand new) - it was really hard to tell where Trax is better. A bit lighter, but less stable when really pushed.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 am

Love my Trax for all conditions. Goes unreal in the chop and also rides strong im all conditions for me. Have 2016 Carbon model 136x40.5. Narrower model carve good the 39 and 40 wide. What board did you not like for carving 42 wide?

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:36 am

Best allaround freeride boards are Shinn (various models).
I tried a 2016 Trax and really didn't care for it. Felt slow, power hungry, sitting deep in the water. Good jumping and very good landings though.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Jbrook wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 am
Love my Trax for all conditions. Goes unreal in the chop and also rides strong im all conditions for me. Have 2016 Carbon model 136x40.5. Narrower model carve good the 39 and 40 wide. What board did you not like for carving 42 wide?
Mine was 42 wide, but I've got the weight to go with it. Back when I demoed one - it was in fact the 40.5 one, not much difference actually. I suspect that F-One's fins, which are the same across the whole range - are simply too small and too flexible (not to mention - too easy to break).
sarc wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:36 am
Best allaround freeride boards are Shinn (various models).
I tried a 2016 Trax and really didn't care for it. Felt slow, power hungry, sitting deep in the water. Good jumping and very good landings though.
Kinda agree regarding the speed and power-hunger. These aren't fast boards and when it's really light - it often felt like I had a better low-end with my previous 133 Brunotti board.

Incidentally I unloaded mine to get a Shinn, but it took me some time to grow up to Shinns. I remember testing the Monk a gooooood while back when there was lots of fuss about them - and I haven't found anything special about it besides the fact that it was uncomfortably (for me) fast.

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:06 pm

One thing I didn't like on the 135x39 is the spray in the back foot heel. For some reason narrow board do that to me, recnetly tried a narrow North and same thing happens. When I try to pick up speed, If I mess up stance a bit I can get some pretty strong spray in back heel that throws me off and slow me down quite a lot...
Also the rocker isn't very generous and with speed it's easy to catch the nose into small piece of chop. I thought it was pretty fast board though.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Kiting is so funny and or unique no 2 people ever say the same thing about equipment. I love my Trax and my Acid they are just smoother than most board, I also rode a friends Monk once and really liked it so many good boards out there....

bri7
Medium Poster
Gear: Slingshot

Postby bri7 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:00 pm

Cheers guys will have a look at the recommendations

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Jbrook wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:58 pm
Kiting is so funny and or unique no 2 people ever say the same thing about equipment. I love my Trax and my Acid they are just smoother than most board, I also rode a friends Monk once and really liked it so many good boards out there....
Just got my Monk and already had a chance to ride it. Even naked the Monk is actually lighter than the carbon Trax. Ride is in fact smoother and tons grippier. New straps/pads (made by SP if I'm not mistaking) are a different world from what they used to be. I'm a happy convert! :jump: :thumb:

Again, not saying that the Trax is a bad board, but for the money paid - I'd consider other options.

Cretesurfer
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Amoudara Heraklion crete
Favorite Beaches: Paros, boracay, crete
Style: Freeride, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot, north

Postby Cretesurfer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 am

Hi guys

I am about to buy the fone Trax HRD 136 x 40.5 or the 1.37 x 42.
I am 71kg i have been ridden a Jaime pro until now and I would like to switch into a new board.
Has anyone ridden the 1.36 or the 1.37?
I know my weight is for the smaller one but I am worried a bit, because I have had a knee surgery, I would like it to have a bit more flex and more stable.
Does anyone have an opinion about the spray? I ride only in choppy conditions and it is important, not to splash to much water on your face all the time....

I really would appreciate any help because I can not find a trax to test around here to how it rides.

Return to “Kitesurfing”