Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2018 Naish Foils

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:54 am
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby Slappysan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:23 am

I have the old tanky LF foil and I just let the wings stick to the fusalage, only reason I'd ever take them off is travel anyway.

There is a lanolin based product that's suppose to work amazing well (but smells like mutton). Can't recall the name but I'm sure you can google it.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:33 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Florida

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby dylan* » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:30 pm

is there anything you can do once the bolts have seized? I take the mast off the board regularly but it appears the rest of the setup is cemented together now. I tried using some muscle with the hex key but don't want to strip them if there's another step I need to do first...

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:13 pm

dylan* wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:30 pm
is there anything you can do once the bolts have seized? I take the mast off the board regularly but it appears the rest of the setup is cemented together now. I tried using some muscle with the hex key but don't want to strip them if there's another step I need to do first...
I finally got mine apart. Soaked it in water over night. Some of the Allen screws stripped so I took a torx socket and hammered it into the screw. Then used my 3/8 ratchet to get them out. Pain in the ass !

ladomi
Rare Poster
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Vermont

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby ladomi » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Slappysan wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:23 am
I have the old tanky LF foil and I just let the wings stick to the fusalage, only reason I'd ever take them off is travel anyway.

There is a lanolin based product that's suppose to work amazing well (but smells like mutton). Can't recall the name but I'm sure you can google it.
Lanocote:https://www.westmarine.com/buy/forespar ... gJWGvD_BwE

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5454
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:53 am

ladomi wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 pm
Slappysan wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:23 am
I have the old tanky LF foil and I just let the wings stick to the fusalage, only reason I'd ever take them off is travel anyway.

There is a lanolin based product that's suppose to work amazing well (but smells like mutton). Can't recall the name but I'm sure you can google it.
Lanocote:https://www.westmarine.com/buy/forespar ... gJWGvD_BwE
That's the stuff I used that let the bolts come undone during a session :(

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:46 am

Starsky wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:44 am
Keeping your foil in your truck full time doesn't help either as high temps will speed up corrosion.

I kept my gear inside the house all last summer and only took it apart once to re check the tef gell and it looked like overkill. All threads beautifully coated and smooth.

This year we have had people working on the house so it was easier to keep it in the roof box and I have noticed its less greasy when I take it apart to check. Will likely do it a few more times this summer and have stopped keeping it in the roof box.

I am pretty generous with the gell on all threads and ride in fresh water. Salt water is another factor that would speed up corrosion.
That was a nightmare but I got them out without damage to the threads ! Ace hardware had the screws for $14. I sold the foil to a friend. They're stoked ! Now Im just waiting on the new foil. I want the med surf foil but with the medium mast ! I don't care about going fast ! I want to go slow ! Like be able to stay on a wave slow and do cutbacks. I wish naish made this set up already ! Its going to cost me some extra dough. If it doesn't work I can always buy the foil sup ! Any input on this ? with the 70cm mast ? http://www.naishfoils.com/thrust-surf/

atomic-chomik
Medium Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:33 pm
Kiting since: 4
Local Beach: The wild west
Style: Freeride/Surf
Gear: North Dice 8 and 10m
North Neo 12m
OR Prodigy 7m
OR Prodigy 9.5.
OR Prodigy 12m
2014 Rebel 5m and 8m
OR 17M Flite
OR Duke
Cabrinha Phenom 5'8
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby atomic-chomik » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:53 am

Use a hammer drill on seized bolts, with penetrating oil.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:14 am

I got this stuff Permatex aluminum anti seize lubricant. It is on a youtube foil maintenance video. It was only $7 on ebay for an 8oz bottle rather than $40 at west marine for 2oz Tef Gel. I hope its good enough !
IMG_0090.JPG

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby clint2070 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 pm

I want the surf one but to kite with it !
https://youtu.be/3pFnVIQyDeg

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: 2018 Naish Foils

Postby tautologies » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:37 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 pm
I want the surf one but to kite with it !
https://youtu.be/3pFnVIQyDeg
I'm getting convinced here. I know I want the surf one, so maybe instead of just getting two I get the surf one first.

Do you have any dates on it?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: badgb21, Bille, madmax7 and 29 guests

cron