Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Rebel 2018

forum for kitesurfers

Teabageppo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Style: Air style - Freeride
Gear: Rebel 10m 2017, nobile carbon NHP 2017, north nugget 2015.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Rebel 2018

Postby Teabageppo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:08 am

No mate I don't.

Look I never did doubt nor counter your position on the 5th loaded line, rebel feel. All long term rebel riders would be feeling exactly the same.

But to take a mental position as strong as you did without actually trying the kite is just utter bullshit. Simple as that. Just whinging like a little bitch about a kite you haven't flown is bad form and helps no one....

......For instance; I spent an entire afternoon on a 2018m 13m rebel on Saturday, that the north lads brought down to out local flat water spot.

..and in that size, it was extremely similar to every other 13m rebel I've flown and/or owned. 2014/2015 and 2016 at least.

In-fact access to more vertical jumps was noticed by myself and the other dude I always demo kites with and trust.

(funny thing although we were on a 4 line bar, someone had rigged it up on the fifth line setting at the kite...weird hey).

So it makes me think I need to spend a little more time on the 10m again and try it with a five line bar as well. Although not loaded, the Y is higher and also the fifth does get a little tensioned on the throw.

But I was struggling to get my more advanced board offs (ones with multiple rotations, board flips and inversions etc)...but that could be because I've had 7 months off the water with an groin injury (Kiting related)...

So I'm wondering about the hangtime...I'm not convinced it is as much as my 2017's. But then again I could be out of form.

You see there is no black and white here. So get off your fifth line loaded soap box and until you actually try these kites, I'd suggest you shut the fck up.

Or not...??

sabraxas
Frequent Poster

Postby sabraxas » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:14 am

Teabageppo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:08 am
Just whinging like a little bitch about a kite you haven't flown is bad form and helps no one...
North kiteboarding has been whinging like a little bitch for more than a decade about loaded fifth line, saying that this system excel by far all 4 line kites, when all the brands abandoned 5th long ago and were adopting one front line flagging (Even 2018 Bandit quite suicide leash and will come with front line flagging)
And now North kiteboarding abruptly change. No doubt, a matter of patents. Without loaded 5th line, Rebel needs that ugly briddling for correct flying.

From here and there i ve heard about agreements between North and Best kiteboarding. The new hellfish boys have bought Legaignoux patent rights and chicken loops in Best kites are now exactly the same of North bars.

In these past days i have tested de 2018 Rebel in 11 meters. Very good kite, but the loaded 5th line feeling is gone.
I will tell it with your own words: The Rebel has become "JUST ANOTHER very good 4 line kite". One among many others.

Newbies will be very glad. The sales in North will improve. That was the only objective they did have in mind with the new (no) Rebel. To finish with the sustained lie of 5th, to shit in older users that believed in them and to widely open doors to new users that never heard about the obsolete 5th line.

Been flying for a decade Rebels. But now, for me, Core Riot X5 is better than the 2018 Rebel. Pity the twist ejection and the black and white colours.
Last edited by sabraxas on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teabageppo
Frequent Poster

Postby Teabageppo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 am

....well then, I'm not sure there is anything we don't agree on above.

It has lost that feel, totally agree. And yes it definitely will make newbies to intermediates jump higher than they normally would go (access to the vertical vector has improved). and yes no fifth will attract those who have that strange unwarranted fear about fifths.

Not sure about the X5, it is a kite I want to try. X4 was the last one I've tried.

What do you like about the X5 over the new rebel then? Both have bridals and pulleys right.

sabraxas
Frequent Poster

Postby sabraxas » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:06 am

Teabageppo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 am

What do you like about the X5 over the new rebel then?
The x4-x5 seemed pretty similar to Rebel for me.
The thing i like most of X5 is that they dont come with bullshit lies improvements and Core do have word and does not betray their whole life users.

Its enough for me.

Teabageppo
Frequent Poster

Postby Teabageppo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:16 am

oooooookay.

You really have taken this all very personally.

...and core...they have the cheesiest, most insulting (to your intelligence) adds on the market.

Every company is full of bullshit, it's called marketing. Get over it.

Core has a weird ass twist release...why? WHy would you design something totally different and unnecessary.

So both companies are as full of shit as each other.

anyhow, enough of you (and me).

Return to “Kitesurfing”