Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F-One 2018

forum for kitesurfers


windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Brand Affiliation: F-One
Contact:

Re: F-One 2018

Postby windmaker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:55 am

K-Roy wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:25 pm
nice!!!
any chance you could weigh it...? pls!
thx.
2.9kg for the 5'6'' and 3kg for my friends 5'8'' with pad and fins (3) also added 2 fin plugs for the remaining 2 fin boxes so roughly 200gr more than advertised by they do say that there could be as much as 5% variation in weight due to the hand made process...

I feel manufacturers should be advertising the maximum weight and stand by it, not the lightest and make excuses for it being heavier.

Anyway broke 3 Mitu's in 2015, 1 in 2016 (all replaced immediately no questions asked) 0 in 2017 so hopefully this 2018 Signature will last.

User avatar
K-Roy
Medium Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:42 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: F-One 2018

Postby K-Roy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:32 am

Thank you!
I think I will get a 5'8.
Let us know what you think of the Signature (also compared to the M2)

cheers

User avatar
Mitaka
Medium Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:00 pm
Style: wave riding
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter, BRM Cloud C5, F-One MITU, KETOS Wave & Wave XL foil + Pocket 107 & 118 foilboard

Re: F-One 2018

Postby Mitaka » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:40 am

windmaker wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:55 am
K-Roy wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:25 pm
nice!!!
any chance you could weigh it...? pls!
thx.
2.9kg for the 5'6'' and 3kg for my friends 5'8'' with pad and fins (3) also added 2 fin plugs for the remaining 2 fin boxes so roughly 200gr more than advertised by they do say that there could be as much as 5% variation in weight due to the hand made process...

I feel manufacturers should be advertising the maximum weight and stand by it, not the lightest and make excuses for it being heavier.

Anyway broke 3 Mitu's in 2015, 1 in 2016 (all replaced immediately no questions asked) 0 in 2017 so hopefully this 2018 Signature will last.
:o :o :o
I suppose you are doing a lot of strapless freestyle and big jumps and that is why you are riding carbon boards now, lighter and more durable?

Can you please compare the regular MITU Pro Model vs carbon one in waves only. Do you feel the carbon board stiffer when wave riding or less comfortable in chop? If you are choosing the board for wave riding only which one would you prefer regular or carbon?

Regarding the weight 2017 5'4 MITU Pro carbon was advertised ~2.9 kg (with strap inserts) and the 2018 - ~2.6 kg (no strap inserts). Only the strap inserts add around 0.3 kg which explains the higher weight of the 2018 Signature board (2 additional fin boxes also).

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Brand Affiliation: F-One
Contact:

Re: F-One 2018

Postby windmaker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:33 pm

With F-One carbon boards are not stiffer than regular construction. They might feel a tiny bit livelier due to the better "memory" qualities of carbon but they are also designed to flex. We all know how "dead" a super stiff boards feels whatever it's construction.

For pure wave riding the weight difference is not an issue, the regular version is also pretty light and the price difference might not be worth it. For strapless airs lightness helps a lot especially on landings. Also a lighter board hurts less when it hits you :)

Although they have definitely improved the strength and the weight of the boards over the years the main reason I am breaking less now than before is also because I have also improved my technique with better/softer landings . A very strong point of both Mitu and Signature boards is the deck pad. Better than wax (used it for years) and super comfortable. I hear they are finally selling those deck pads separately.

Ice101
Rare Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: F-One 2018

Postby Ice101 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:01 am

I have just noticed all the pulleys in n the bridle of the new kites loads of them why so many, what's that about? They never changed them to the north style ones either have they?

Ice101
Rare Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: F-One 2018

Postby Ice101 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 am

When is the dealer meet this year? When will we start getting proper reviews of the kite?

matts
Rare Poster
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:00 pm

Re: F-One 2018

Postby matts » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:45 am

Anyway broke 3 Mitu's in 2015, 1 in 2016 (all replaced immediately no questions asked) 0 in 2017 so hopefully this 2018 Signature will last.
how did you get them replaced? Dealear, directly with F-One? Within warranty period? What country? Do you have special 'connections'? I was not that lucky... broke a 2015... after repairing the board, well nicely put... there is room for improvement in the construction of the board...

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Brand Affiliation: F-One
Contact:

Re: F-One 2018

Postby windmaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 am
When is the dealer meet this year? When will we start getting proper reviews of the kite?
Do you expect a proper review from a dealer :D ?

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Brand Affiliation: F-One
Contact:

Re: F-One 2018

Postby windmaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:13 pm

matts wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:45 am
Anyway broke 3 Mitu's in 2015, 1 in 2016 (all replaced immediately no questions asked) 0 in 2017 so hopefully this 2018 Signature will last.
how did you get them replaced? Dealear, directly with F-One? Within warranty period? What country? Do you have special 'connections'? I was not that lucky... broke a 2015... after repairing the board, well nicely put... there is room for improvement in the construction of the board...
Never go directly to the company, always through the dealer. Mine is in Cyprus, no special connections, all boards I suppose where within guarantee. Not sure how long the warranty is but I change my boards every year (I ride almost every day).

My opinion, most brands nowadays make decent kites and boards, what changes is their after sales service. I have had nightmares with Xenon and Eclipse whereas with F-One it has been flawless and I even got an apology.

However, for a company to approve a replacement it has to be a known problem. An isolated case might be harder to approve especially if you hit something. Where did your board brake?

matts
Rare Poster
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:00 pm

Re: F-One 2018

Postby matts » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks for the details!!
The upper deck got damaged under the heel (simple strapless jumps). If you're interested, here some pics: https://goo.gl/photos/BxQ9tJ3ZLAiWwzyz7


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], halloi and 26 guests

cron