Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Where to find a cheap front line Y-split which allows one line to slide for safety?

forum for kitesurfers

omg
Frequent Poster

Where to find a cheap front line Y-split which allows one line to slide for safety?

Postby omg » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:15 pm

I want to convert an old bar to single front line safety, but where canI find the "hub" for this? I don't want to use the rings, but more like this what F-one has on their latest 2018 bar. That looks very light and simple, and I just want to use the front lines connection point like in the pic as a stopper at the hub instead of a stopper ball, which some solutions use (mostly when rings are used, see the second picture).

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Re: Where to find a cheap front line Y-split which allows one line to slide for safety?

Postby edt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 pm

everyone sells it, but they call it different things they usually call it a "Swivel" but if you want a basic bare bones version check out the ozone version that has no swivel and is pretty clean they call it a "trimmer bracket" or something https://www.ozonekites.net/proddetail.a ... er_bracket

ozone does use a stopper ball with a hole in the middle which fits into their bracket so I dunno if you like that. Personally I just grab a 1 inch nylon block when I make a new bar and drill some holes, bigger on one side smaller on the other

A swivel is not as clean as a bracket like for instance the naish universal swivel but it doesn't use a stopper ball http://www.briskites.com.au/index.php?l ... ail&p=1680

ShaveTheWhales
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Naish, Epic, F-one, Shinn
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well and fun to fly

Re: Where to find a cheap front line Y-split which allows one line to slide for safety?

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Buy the ozone stopper ball with it.. drill the hole out if need be to suit your line end - simple..

Check it slides freely in out and the test it at the beach :)

tegirinenashi
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Cabrinha CO2 9.5m, Naish x2 14m, Litewave 161
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tegirinenashi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Can this part from Best be adapted for that purpose (in 4 line configuration with single flagged front line)? (In case if you are wondering why, those bars are currently going for $80 at the US outlet -- an excellent source for bar parts).

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Alkita boards
Zeeko foil
GK Trix
Enduro9
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast

Postby bragnouff » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:03 am

After using many systems over the years, I must admit that the solution from KiteAttitude is probably the neatest, lightest, simplest and most likely cheapest option.
https://www.kiteattitude.fr/en/21-annea ... ssant.html

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1970
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:03 am

tegirinenashi wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:32 pm
Can this part from Best be adapted for that purpose (in 4 line configuration with single flagged front line)? (In case if you are wondering why, those bars are currently going for $80 at the US outlet -- an excellent source for bar parts).
I second that, using 2 already:
2016-flb-with-rings-1280x900.jpg
No need to use ring on a flagged line.

They were AU$8 each, plus shipping.

stenner
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1
Gear: none

Postby stenner » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:21 am

+1 for kite attitude, super clean. :thumb:

omg
Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks guys! Went for the kite attitude's version.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Postby edt » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:05 pm

that kite attitude ring is nice didn't realize they sold that part.

evan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Levitaz Bionic
Peter Lynn Aero
Brand Affiliation: Infexion
Peter Lynn

Postby evan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 am

I see that metal ring of the Kite Attitude bar wearing out the line pretty quickly, especially when you hit your quick release quite often or don't clean all the sand off

Return to “Kitesurfing”