Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha fx versus north dice

forum for kitesurfers

rleshem
Rare Poster

Cabrinha fx versus north dice

Postby rleshem » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 am

I currently ride cabrinha switchblades 8,10,12.
I rode my friends north dice and really enjoyed the direct feel, short depower stroke and fast turning. I really liked knowing where the kite is through the feel in the bar.

How does the cabrinha FX compare ? Does it have the same direct feel? How is the boost hangtime compare ? Gust management ?

I ride mostly hooked in and enjoy boosting rolls and now starting get into loops. I ride some waves but not frequently.
I was thinking of getting a 10m.

Kitemanmuc
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone, Moses, SU2, RideEngine

Re: Cabrinha fx versus north dice

Postby Kitemanmuc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:02 am

Dice all day.

A lot more direct. You feel the kite in the air. Faster, better loop. Boost was better on the FX 2 years ago, but the new Dice now is the same as FX. Hangtime is the same. Gust management similar but slight edge to Dice. Dice is better in the waves, similar for unhooking.

FX bar pressure is very light in my opinion making the kite vague. But thats just my opinion. Another kite to look at is the new Ozone Enduro coming in October.

badgb21
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: C/Fly, Shinn, Ozone, Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby badgb21 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 am

Have you tried both settings on your Switchblade back lines? You may prefer a different setting.

rleshem
Rare Poster

Postby rleshem » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Good suggestion I'll try that.

badgb21
Frequent Poster

Postby badgb21 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Let us know what you think.
rleshem wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:30 pm
Good suggestion I'll try that.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:35 pm

to me the back line settings on the switchblade just make it feel worse. basically takes a slow, mushy feeling kite and turns it into a heavy-feeling slow mushy kite.

the dice has a very different feeling, it has a very precise, light and quick feel in the air. haven't tried the FX but wasn't wowed from what I've seen from others flying it.

rleshem
Rare Poster

Postby rleshem » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:22 am

Tried the B setting today. Too much bar pressure it was almost a different kite. Had to come in and switch back to A - so much lighter and quicker steering.

Anybody else for FX versus dice ?

badgb21
Frequent Poster

Postby badgb21 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:26 am

Good to hear your experience of changing setting. I tried it in light wind and couldn't really get a feel for it.

rleshem wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:22 am
Tried the B setting today. Too much bar pressure it was almost a different kite. Had to come in and switch back to A - so much lighter and quicker steering.

Anybody else for FX versus dice ?

Cab Driver
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby Cab Driver » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:17 pm

rleshem wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 am
I currently ride cabrinha switchblades 8,10,12.
I rode my friends north dice and really enjoyed the direct feel, short depower stroke and fast turning. I really liked knowing where the kite is through the feel in the bar.

How does the cabrinha FX compare ? Does it have the same direct feel? How is the boost hangtime compare ? Gust management ?

I ride mostly hooked in and enjoy boosting rolls and now starting get into loops. I ride some waves but not frequently.
I was thinking of getting a 10m.
The 2018 FX is new. Not only can the rear rear lines be adjusted for bar feedback, turning, depower, but the front bridle can also be tuned to ride full competition freestyle, kiteloop style (similar feel to 2017), and freeride (sitting a bit further back in the window and more direct sheet-in low end). I would say that it's pretty hard for any comments on the prior version of the FX to be projected forward. The best you can do is get out and try a 2018 FX and play with the multiple settings. Note that you will need to spend a bit of time on it to really try all the settings and get a feel for them.

rleshem
Rare Poster

Postby rleshem » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Thx. I'll have to demo one then.

Return to “Kitesurfing”