Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: none yet
Favorite Beaches: none yet
Style: still learning
Gear: still learning
Brand Affiliation: None

RRD bar with Airush kite

Postby allthatjazz » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm

I have an RRD 4 line bar from, I think 2012 or 2013. I'm thinking of buying an Airush Ultra, and would like to know if i will be able to use it, instead of buying a new bar.

RalfsB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Airush, Gaastra, RRD, Ozone; Boards: self made alaia, slalom, etc.

Re: RRD bar with Airush kite

Postby RalfsB » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:55 pm

allthatjazz wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm
I have an RRD 4 line bar from, I think 2012 or 2013. I'm thinking of buying an Airush Ultra, and would like to know if i will be able to use it, instead of buying a new bar.
Should work fine, I suppose. I have an ozone bar that I am using with Airush, RRD and Gaastra kites, no problem. Some company kites, race kites in particular may have the connectors for center and side lines the other way around, in that case you will need a set of reverse pigtails to connect properly.

alfredo68
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: wave
Gear: blade

Re: RRD bar with Airush kite

Postby alfredo68 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:43 pm

allthatjazz wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm
I just bought RRD religion and want to try it with airush bar or blade uni bar! (opposite of you). The thing is that the RRD bar that works with religion has a high Y and airush and blade bar has low V centre lines. Your bar RRD should be high Y and airush ultra works with low V so that might change performance

Return to “Kitesurfing”