Pj Sofine and Windmaker,
I agree but at this time, I guess there are still to many Mayors who don't know enough kite spot technical requirements to take an other decision than close the spot after a few (mortal) accidents. With some adjustments, some of them should probably re open one day. You are right, thanks to all people who spend some of their free time to try.
I don't really understand what you mean but my English is good enough to understand the FU part
, so I guess I due you some explanations about what is behind my post.
But first, thanks to be one of the riders who offer me a try on it
As I said already, if you are not happy with it, please just send it back to me (1$ letter) telling me what is wrong, I'll refund you and remake it as new for someone else.
Then, if your meaning is about commercial purpose hidden on my post, please let me explain:
- Toby ask me not to post "rude" commercial advertising on the forum topics and offer me an advertisement deal that I have done and will do again. In between I try, not to often, to get experience from members to help me in "around my project" matters, that could make people think about safety matters. For example, here it could make riders think about what they will have to do if they get their kite twist with an other kite. Most of the time, your only option is to quickly release your safety, to be ready for it, you have to already have though about it...
- To be fully honest, here are the problems I have to deal with at this moment:
Advertising costs is hard to retrieve because it's based on views rate / visit on my website and relative sells. Selling from 15€ products, with assembly costs, it's hard to reach positive balance. For example, advert on windguru do not start below 240$ (for 1 month campaign). And here you are right (but I hope you could still reach a smoother point of view), there is a hidden feedback research on my post that could help me. You can chose in witch countries you want your banner to be visible. I can ask my kite mates what they think but as they are riding mainly same spots as me (a lake, 35min drive with very gusty winds and no beach or around 1h45 driving the Leucate area spots) in same conditions, they can help but not so much.
If here on Kiteforum, a member from Austria tells me that in his country spots are mainly small and loaded, it helps. If a NZ member tells me that in his (beautiful) country, there is large places for everyone to be totally free at all times, it also helps.
To be complete:
Today, my sells are growing slowly but regularly so I try not to bother all of you more than "necessary" with my double face posts. Still 2 remaining question:
- Will I do a second series of it when I'll be out of stock for some expensive pieces? If I'm still surfing only on novelty effects, that is a good one to be consider.
- Do I try first now:
* To improve my Kitecleat product (I have problems with ceramic blade costs that increase more than expected because dimensions, even if it's a molded part are not so sharp. To be sure not selling a non perfectly cutting product, I have not to use around 20% of them or try to find an other supplier who may better respect our (base on drawing) agreement ...
* To finish the design of a boat complete kit with some other problems (like 2 front lines safety systems hardly compatible)
One more time, sorry for people who think that I should not discuss here because of my "kiteboarding product seller". I'm sure there are other here but maybe better hidden!