looking for a kitesurf station on sale or to start/invest it

forum for kitesurfers

athen
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: looking for a kitesurf station on sale or to start/invest it

Postby athen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:42 am

yes, I think also that and is part is one of my fears... "you can make a small fortune out of a kite business.....start with a big fortune".
Maybe is the only doubt we have to invest money on a kitesurf business because during the years we saw so many centers earning too little money, many centers closing after some seasons and many centers earning not enough for the owners to live a decent life.

But at the same time what Toby wrote is pure true! "Won't get rich, but always better than living your live in an office far away from the ocean. Even if you loose money you win in life...and you only have one!"

So what we think is maybe to start a small business and see how it could go year after year and in case get it bigger with time, not immediately.

What do you think? Open advices are always very useful to think about
thanks guys!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 am

Imagine you don't do it.
What's your current life looking like?
And then you get sick and life is at its end...what will you think?
Damn, why didn't I enjoy life and just have done it? Now you die with money in the bank...not nice to die that way.

Better to have less but think: I did the right thing, had a great time, if I have to go now, that's ok.

Same on my end...my friends drive big cars, great job, all fine...but they tell me: you did it right.
I can just live along, but kite in Brazil, and if I die today, that's ok, I had my fun.

Makes you free in your mind and enjoy day by day.

My pension is 43 Euro monthly...I couldn't care less.

Bellevue
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: North Evo

Postby Bellevue » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Toby wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 am
You need to have that attitude, but most people would be freaked out (including me).

piccio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rome
Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
Style: wave
Gear: neo 4 5 religion 9 religion 6
north proseries 2014 5.8 5.11

Postby piccio » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm

pay attention to local regulation (bolkstein in europe is stopping all license in2020)
you have to be sure minimum 10 years license to invest.
here p. pollo sardinia are selling (asking at least) 300000 euro for school and bar on the beach,but nobody knows what will happen next 3 years......
consider also resale value when you are fed up with stuff.
nothing far away ,you need tourist or big city nearby to make money .........

other than this do not dream! working in an office and have a couple of hours free with your kite could be better than working hours under the sun with beginners to rescue. all schools all over are located on flat water locations....after a couple of season back and forth with TT, because you cannot move you are working, you will be satisfied of your life?
do not confuse working on the beach with having fun free on the beach.

Rakky
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 5
Gear: North Rebels

Postby Rakky » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:51 am

Toby wrote: Imagine you don't do it.
What's your current life looking like?
And then you get sick and life is at its end...what will you think?
Damn, why didn't I enjoy life and just have done it? Now you die with money in the bank...not nice to die that way.

Better to have less but think: I did the right thing, had a great time, if I have to go now, that's ok.

Same on my end...my friends drive big cars, great job, all fine...but they tell me: you did it right.
I can just live along, but kite in Brazil, and if I die today, that's ok, I had my fun.

Makes you free in your mind and enjoy day by day.

Toby: What do you mean your pension is 43 Euro monthly? Meaning, you get 43 Euros from your government, or that you live on 43 Euros a month.
If the latter is true, are you not making/getting money from sponsorship etc in kiting, as well as kiteforum?

Regarding 'taking the plunge' into these decisions, you need to have enough cash in the chest for emergencies or unexpected contingencies. Otherwise, if health or some other urgent issue occurs, or if you are fed up with the kite school business, or you want to move onto other things, without some savings, you will be in dire straits. And of course you are now older and not in the work force, or have no 'work' skills.

I am in a similar phase, but need to have some savings in case my plans don't materialize or this dream phase is over and I want to move onto other entertainment!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:10 am

43 when I get my pension...so in about 20 years...
Just a joke. You get more from social welfare.

I am not sponsored. Just kiteforum. Trying to make the best of it ;-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”