forum for kitesurfers
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1539
- Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 12:07 pm
- Kiting since: 2002
- Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
- Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
- Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East
- Location: NW Pacific
Watching a Key West webcam wind just switched from 40knots onshore to 180 degrees other direction in about 30 seconds. Freaky!
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:18 am
- Kiting since: 2011
- Style: Free
- Gear: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Best.
- Brand Affiliation: None
LetsFlyaKite wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 pm
It makes me feel really unsafe to live in Hawaii. But I guess that's the price you have to pay to live in a beautiful place
I lived in Hawaii for a few years. We had a few hurricanes come from the east. The mountainous terrain (Haleakala and Mauna Kea) would shear them to nothing before hitting Oahu. Still a chance to get hit hard from the south. The aftermath would suck.
Last edited by wind chaser
on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Return to “Kitesurfing”