Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fastest turning wave/boost kite

Postby tautologies » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:25 pm

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 am

As compared to any other fast turning kite out there. Except for the Flite, because everyone knows the Flite doesn't have any power through the turns either.

When you have a kite with a pivoting turn, yeah it's going to turn fast, but will you be powered through those turns? No, not at all. i mean, they will still have their place in the kiting community, begginer loopers probably love them since they don't deliver a gut wrenching yank.

I'm not saying it's a bad kite, I just don't have any fun flying something that isn't going to pull me...
Hhmmm, but you can slow the kite down. Having the option to turn is fast doesn't mean you have to. I have tons of fun doing loops that I find pulls plenty. I am obviously not looking for the torch kind of pull, but something that pull be around and have me land with some speed on regular hand drag backrolls or front roll transitions. What I like is something that is controllable, gives good feedback and doesn't kill me. :thumb:

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Bartolo wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 pm
I don't understand. Why would you want lot of pull in the loop for a wave kite?
Cause sometimes an experienced wave rider needs that extra pull to get into a wave.
Starsky wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:52 pm
Sure thing macho man!

Gutless loops can be awesome fun.

I use a pivot turning kite on snow when its too gusty to unhook and pussy loop it all over the place. Pretty sweet to controllably stall yourself out 8 feet up, mid back roll transition over a specific bit of good snow with a predictably gutless loop. Gut wrenching yank on hard ground or tough conditions is not as much fun.

Wave and boost are kinda mutually exclusive in dedicated kites, but allrounders are amazing and do both really well while making everything a little easier.
Yeah well most allrounders have some kind of pull when they loop, most pivoters (OR Flite, Naish Pivot) will barely have any pull. This can be fun for begginer loopers learning how to loop, which I wish I had one when I was beggining. But inside a wave, you definitely want something that pulls. If you're ever stuck in a bad situation that you can't get out of, or if your kite is stalling and you need some power. Then a pivot turning kite is not going to cut it.

And yeah, I see your point about snow and land with pivot turning kites. But we're talking about water, we're talking about waves. That's why the name of this thread has waves written on it. But I see your point, and if I ever get out on the snow I'll be sure to try it.
tautologies wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:25 pm
Hhmmm, but you can slow the kite down. Having the option to turn is fast doesn't mean you have to. I have tons of fun doing loops that I find pulls plenty. I am obviously not looking for the torch kind of pull, but something that pull be around and have me land with some speed on regular hand drag backrolls or front roll transitions. What I like is something that is controllable, gives good feedback and doesn't kill me. :thumb:
Then keep flying your kite then. I know whenever I throw in a trick with a loop I like to have a nice little yank, that yank gives me speed as it completes the loop. It can be more fun and challenging the better you get and the more faster turning your kite gets.

Alysum
Frequent Poster
Gear: a kite

Postby Alysum » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:52 pm

The Switch Element turns super fast on the pivot setting. Has anyone compared this kite with the others?

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:59 am

Ocean rodeo razor. I would love to try the newest model paired with the new bar that I can't afford. Had mine out yesterday in well overhead surf... I couldnt think of a better wave kite that doesn't sacrifice bottom end and jumping/powered looping capabilities.

Lazy kiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Seattle
Favorite Beaches: Windy beaches
Style: On a board
Gear: What ever works

Postby Lazy kiter » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 am

If your looking for quick turning and big boosting you definitely should check out the Liquid Force WOW. It boost's huge and turns quick due to it's small diameter leading edge. Fun kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”