Bottom line of Rally vs. Turbine choice:
1rdee wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 pm
1. Are the variances btw kites sizes ok?
2. What to take for good wind? Rally or Turbine?
3. Do I need to take 5 instead of 6 for strong wind?
- Rally jumps great but Turbine jumps mad great (+1 for Turbine)
- Rally drifts well and Turbine does not (+1 for Rally)
- Rally goes great upwind and Tirbine goes amazing upwind (+1 for Turbine)
- Rally depowers great but Turbine has huge remnant power, at times can't depower enough (+2 for Rally)
- Rally is the best relaunching kite I ever tried and Turbine is less than that (+1 for Rally)
- Big Rally (14m) pulls well in lightwind and 13-15m Turbine does it great (+1 for Turbine)
So for jumping, waves and downwinders - pick Rally
For mad jumps and crazy upwind - pick Turbine
For Loghtwind - pick Turbine
For foiling freeride - pick Rally
13m Turbine or 13m Contra (lighter) for Loghtwind
9-10m Rally for regular
6-7m for high winds
Go smaller size for proficient rider and steadier winds.
Don't go 5m unless you're building 4-kite quiver like 5/7/10/13 or you're going to ride 40+ knots winds