Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North: Dice, Evo or Neo

forum for kitesurfers


Tio
Medium Poster
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:48 am
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby Tio » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi guys, I´m about to change my kites, currently use 2015 Cabs SB 10 mt and 8 mt.

Usually ride on choppy open sea and waste high waves.
Wind condition mostly side on shore.
Riding style downwind, hooked jump and kiteloops.
Use both boards TT and directional.

Would like to get a kite with fast turning speed/responsive, good drifting habilities and reasonable hangtime.

Low end is important as well since my weight is 90kgs.

Dont have the chance to test kites on my city, so I would really apretiate any recomendation on the North Dice, Evo or Neo.

Thanks

vannibombonato
Medium Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:46 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby vannibombonato » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Guess its either Dice or Neo, Dice probably.

Deaimel
Rare Poster
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:25 am
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Anywhere in Ontario
Gear: Cab Switchblade 2014 - 12m
Cab Drifter 2012 - 9m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby Deaimel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:15 pm


Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:36 am
Kiting since: 2050
Style: Yes
Gear: North Dice
Shinn Monk the One
North Nugget
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby Lokihel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:35 pm

I'd say Dice more than Neo since you're not really that much into serious wave riding.

At least you're honest and admit that you waste high waves.

Tio
Medium Poster
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:48 am
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby Tio » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Lokihel wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:35 pm
I'd say Dice more than Neo since you're not really that much into serious wave riding.

At least you're honest and admit that you waste high waves.
Jajaja. Thanks.....misspelling mistake I meant "waist"....but for sure not serious surf....

Tio
Medium Poster
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:48 am
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby Tio » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:53 pm

vannibombonato wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:06 pm
Guess its either Dice or Neo, Dice probably.
Thanks. Cheers

NorCalNomad
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:40 am
Kiting since: 1900
Local Beach: San Francisco
Gear: Why should it matter?

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby NorCalNomad » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Yeah sounds like the Dice or Evo would be good for you (except they don't have any amazing low end). If you really aren't riding down the line on a wave the Evo might be a better option if you're valuing hang time performance and low end over directional/surf abilities. Not sure how the Evo stacks up on kitelooping though versus the Dice.

If you're not actually surfing the waves then I wouldn't get the Neo

nothing2seehere
Frequent Poster
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:25 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Kitesurfing and windsurfing
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby nothing2seehere » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:45 am

Neo. Look at the size of the riders on the Dice in their promotional stuff. They are all lightweights.

The Dice works well for me at 78kg but even running high pressures, it starts to deform when my bigger friends ride them. Neo turns faster, jumps well, drifts well and has good low end. Hangtime is average but probably as good as the dice and the neo works properly for bigger guys. I'd steer clear of the Dice at your weight

Evo's are nice but the least nimble of the three (slowest turning) and their sweet spot is the top half of the range. Good if you have strong winds but not working at their best in light winds.

User avatar
LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:55 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Hawaii

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:39 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:45 am
Neo. Look at the size of the riders on the Dice in their promotional stuff. They are all lightweights.

The Dice works well for me at 78kg but even running high pressures, it starts to deform when my bigger friends ride them. Neo turns faster, jumps well, drifts well and has good low end. Hangtime is average but probably as good as the dice and the neo works properly for bigger guys. I'd steer clear of the Dice at your weight

Evo's are nice but the least nimble of the three (slowest turning) and their sweet spot is the top half of the range. Good if you have strong winds but not working at their best in light winds.
Why not just ride a bigger Dice? It's not the kite, you're just riding the wrong sized meter man.

nothing2seehere
Frequent Poster
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:25 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Kitesurfing and windsurfing
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North: Dice, Evo or Neo

Postby nothing2seehere » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Other way around. Would need to ride smaller. Its when he puts tension on the lines (loading up during a gust/ getting ready to send it) that the kite seems to pinch in at the front. Thought it was initially just the tired 2014 Dice we were flying and spent time rejigging the bridles back to factory lengths but it was the same on the 2016 Dice too.

Admittedly a factory fresh Dice may be fine as both of these were used (6 months light use on the 2016 and heavily used 2014) but if 6 months is all it takes to stretch them ....

Nice kites though. Happily have a go on a mates Dice whenever I get the chance.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], EastCC, SSK and 26 guests

cron