Style: freeride
Gear: Slingshot 2015 rally's 9 12 14
Slingshot vision twin
Shredtown bindings
Slingshot celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None

Bars n kites

Postby Darkside » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Sure I saw a very comprehensive list posted while back detailing what bars work with what kites but I can't seem to find it, so if anyone can help I need to know if a slingshot bar will work with a 2015 best TS, also would a 2013 cab bar work.?

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Re: Bars n kites

Postby edt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:21 pm

You can do a search for alexeyga and "control bar" to bring it up, anyway, posting one of the charts here:

As you can see, it doesn't do the older control bars. It was sometime between 2013 and 2014 that Cabrinha switched from mini-5th to single center flagging so I believe that the 2013 IDS is not in fact compatible. Slingshot converted to single center flagging 2010 or so and unless your control bar is older than that, the Slingshot should work on your 2015 Best.

Now of course the manufacturers never "cross dress" that is, cabrinha would never test their bars on other kites, same with best and slingshot, so really the only way to know for sure if it works or not is to try it out!

Go out on a light wind day and swap the various control bars and kites, try the QR and just see what happens. Even if it's not "by the book" compatible it might work anyway. You will need to bring various pigtails so you can swap between knots and loops as required.

Darkside
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
El gouna
Soma bay
Style: freeride
Gear: Slingshot 2015 rally's 9 12 14
Slingshot vision twin
Shredtown bindings
Slingshot celeritas

Postby Darkside » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks edt, my slingy bar is 2016 I just baught a couple of used kites cab chaos which has come with new bar n lines and,a best the TS has a bar n lines but the lines look skech🙈 also read the safety on the rp bar is a bit hit n miss, so may just do like you said give it a dry run on the slingshot as I trust that 100%

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:20 pm

here's a non-potato version of that image
Attachments
12273558.jpg

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Postby edt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Your 2016 slingshot bar is compatible with all those kites, definitely a good idea to ride a newer control bar with those slightly older kites if you think the control bar that came with is looks a bit sketch.

Return to “Kitesurfing”